Storyline Catchup

By cielago, in Legend of the Five Rings Roleplaying Game Beta

On 9/27/2017 at 2:07 PM, strattjw said:

The LCG timeline is before the Clan Wars. Scorpion is still a great clan and given how they are in the LCG it seems unlikely that they will get disbanded meaning that should the Clan Wars happen it won't go down like it did with AEG. No Scorpion Clan Coup could also mean no Toturi's Army or no Yoritomo's Alliance. It's a brave new world out there!

Nothing stopped the Scorpion from existing in the original CCG despite being disbanded. That was actually their original form in the game: a disbanded clan. The very first Scorpion Clan Champion card, Bayushi Shoju, was him as a zombie . http://imperialassembly.com/oracle/#cardid=888

jpeg

Edited by VaeVictis

so minor clans existing should be

Hare, Sparrow, Dragonfly, Badger, Fox, Wasp, Tortoise and Mantis, and extinct would be Boar and Snake.

At this point, the Hare may be in their short period of being dissolved: one of the 1E adventures was about restoring that Minor Clan.

Also, the Falcon exist as a separate Clan with no family name, and the Tsi and Kaeru families exist as a family name with no Clan. Theoretically, the Yotsu exist, but the existence of Sotorii's little brother in the fiction throws that all into confusion.

On ‎27‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 4:34 PM, Senimaru said:

So the rebbot happened and the Mantis dont exist anymore? Same with the Spider?

As of the timeline for the reboot, the Mantis exist as a minor clan and still dwell in their islands. The Spider do not exist at all, even remotely, and are not even a glint in the milkman's eye.

Essentially the game has rewound to before even the prequel. The original CCG's first edition began after the Scorpion Clan Coup, during the Clan Wars. Scorpion Clan Coup was released later as a prequel. The new CCG and I assume RPG are based even prior to that.

This means it is poised to enter the Scorpion Clan Coup era (incidentally this is where the original RPG's first edition also began)... however I must state, they already appear to be reworking aspects of the storyline (thank God) and so everything from now on, while probably being similar, is potentially uncharted.

Edited by Bazakahuna
On 10/2/2017 at 0:28 PM, Nitenman said:

so minor clans existing should be

Hare, Sparrow, Dragonfly, Badger, Fox, Wasp, Tortoise and Mantis, and extinct would be Boar and Snake.

On 10/2/2017 at 2:48 PM, Tonbo Karasu said:

At this point, the Hare may be in their short period of being dissolved: one of the 1E adventures was about restoring that Minor Clan.

Also, the Falcon exist as a separate Clan with no family name, and the Tsi and Kaeru families exist as a family name with no Clan. Theoretically, the Yotsu exist, but the existence of Sotorii's little brother in the fiction throws that all into confusion.

Don't forget the Centipede with the Moshi family. An odd people but a clan none the less.

43 minutes ago, BrambleLamb said:

Don't forget the Centipede with the Moshi family. An odd people but a clan none the less.

I feel really embarrassed.

Man, I always laugh when I remember that they got left out of the minor clans section of the 4e core book.