What will the new expansion bring?

By cheapmate, in Elder Sign

According to the Arkham Nights 2017 announcement attendees can " peek behind the curtain at upcoming expansions for both Elder Sign and Eldritch Horror ."

Exciting news, but what could it be? What will the theme be? Will it be The Dark Pharaoh?

2 hours ago, cheapmate said:

According to the Arkham Nights 2017 announcement attendees can " peek behind the curtain at upcoming expansions for both Elder Sign and Eldritch Horror ."

Exciting news, but what could it be? What will the theme be? Will it be The Dark Pharaoh?

My biggest question for both is... who will the new investigators be? Probably Sefina and the 4 base MoM2E 'gators + 3 more... but who will they be???

Edited by KBlumhardt

I would love to be surprised with a new town expansion (like in Arkham Horror- Dunwich, Innsmouth, or Kingsport), but I expect they'll follow the pattern set up by the app, and we'll get the Pharaoh. I'll buy it, regardless. Hopefully, if it is Pharaoh, they'll come up with unique twists- it would be very disappointing if they tried to imitate the ally mechanic from the app.

I wonder if it will be thematically tied into the Masks of Nyarlathotep like the EH expansion that was announced today. Both games have reached a natural point of potential closure, and it would be pretty epic to have them both finish up with the same epic campaign.

I still don't see any reason for any of them to be considered finished: they are both developed on modules. Sure, they will probably stop producing new assets / artifacts or common and unique items because these decks are saturated, and sure, investigators will probably become more of a rare thing considering we're going to have all of them released, but in the end both games can be expanded ad libitum considering each expansions adds one new setting / AO (or two in EH's case) and there's a ton still to explore. As long as these lines sell, I don't see the company stop expanding them

I hope Elder Sign, at least, keeps going. It's the only Arkham Files game compact enough for my humble storage space (three old suitcases, at the moment). And my money's on the expansion being a backport of the Pharaoh DLC: it'd fit the current pattern of releases AND tie into the new Masks expansion for EH.

Edited by ProfessorDetective
Grammatical errors.
8 hours ago, Julia said:

I still don't see any reason for any of them to be considered finished: they are both developed on modules. Sure, they will probably stop producing new assets / artifacts or common and unique items because these decks are saturated, and sure, investigators will probably become more of a rare thing considering we're going to have all of them released, but in the end both games can be expanded ad libitum considering each expansions adds one new setting / AO (or two in EH's case) and there's a ton still to explore. As long as these lines sell, I don't see the company stop expanding them

Very good point. Sales will (and should) always be the determining factor in when FFG stops supporting a game.

And Omens of the Pharaoh it is!

It was the safest bet ofcourse, following Ice and the Deep.

Love it, just as I love Curse of the Dark Pharaoh and Under the Pyramids. Mummies, pharaohs and pyramids really satisfy that pulp itch.

Great news! Really excited for this one!

I guess no one has noticed the misspelling in the title of the news article...

What the heck is a Phararoh? Isn't that one of those Italian cars?

Untitled-1.jpg

That's a Ferrari, and I can assure you the pronounciation is nothing similar to anything that can be spelled Phararoh... in any case there's an entire discussion on what'shidden in this horrible spelling on BGG: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/27145808#27145808

By the Maddening Hues of Carcosa! I only just noticed that. Nice one, FFG.

Let me just add, after my busting of the misspelling, that I got a chance to play this at Arkham Nights late on Saturday. One of the seats at the table was Richard Launius. It is... DIFFICULT. We managed to win it BARELY and were told it was the only win so far for the weekend. I got a high five from Richard "from the grave" when we won. Great time, look forward to more!

On 16-10-2017 at 4:53 AM, ziggy2000 said:

Let me just add, after my busting of the misspelling, that I got a chance to play this at Arkham Nights late on Saturday.

Any spoilers?

On 9/26/2017 at 7:05 PM, KBlumhardt said:

My biggest question for both is... who will the new investigators be? Probably Sefina and the 4 base MoM2E 'gators + 3 more... but who will they be???

Those are pretty specific predictions. What are you basing that on?

I guess his assumptions are based on the available investigator pool being almost exhausted...

4 hours ago, Wh0isTh3D0ct0r said:

Those are pretty specific predictions. What are you basing that on?

Well, it turns out I was close. :)

We found out at Arkham Nights that the new investigators are the same as the 7 investigators in the new Eldritch expansions, so... Sefina, the 4 MoM 'gators, Calvin, and Daniela.