Questions about Magic and Magic/Friend cards during challenge phase

By guest534986, in Rules Discussions

Hey everyone, my friends and I have been loving this game (even got two more of our friends to play now), but I've run into a few more rules I need clarification on. I read through the Rules Discussion and found answers to a lot of answers, but I'm still confused on a couple points.

1) Can you use damaging magic cards such as fire during you're challenge phase to add to your support value (ie +4 for fire)? I've been under the impression you can't since it says do damage to heartless, but some of the topics on these forums have mentioned doing so.

2a) Can you summon Magic/Friends from your hand directly into a challenge? I read that Magic/Friends count as a magic cards in your hand and when playing, than count as friends, but I also saw people mentioning they could do this too.

2b) If the above is true, what happens if your friends engage in a challenge and you choose to play Simba? Are friends participating in a challenge still valid targets for the discard or are players forced to discard friends which have not yet committed to the challenge.

3) Can you play Gravira/Graviga during a challenge to remove a friend who is participating in the challenge? (similar question to 2b)

Just remembered some question unrelated to the challenge phase

4) When Green requiem is on a world with 2 other heartless and my opponent choose to do battle with them, does the +X POW bonus stay on the other 2 heartless through that first battle even if my opponent allocates the damage to green requiem first?

5) Do Dark/Villains follow the uniqueness ruling? Can you have a Pete in both your Friend and your opponents world? Can you have 2 Petes in your friend area?

6) Can you play White Mushroom on Disney Castle?

Thanks for the time and help.

Happy gaming.

FRBL said:

Hey everyone, my friends and I have been loving this game (even got two more of our friends to play now), but I've run into a few more rules I need clarification on. I read through the Rules Discussion and found answers to a lot of answers, but I'm still confused on a couple points.

1) Can you use damaging magic cards such as fire during you're challenge phase to add to your support value (ie +4 for fire)? I've been under the impression you can't since it says do damage to heartless, but some of the topics on these forums have mentioned doing so.

2a) Can you summon Magic/Friends from your hand directly into a challenge? I read that Magic/Friends count as a magic cards in your hand and when playing, than count as friends, but I also saw people mentioning they could do this too.

2b) If the above is true, what happens if your friends engage in a challenge and you choose to play Simba? Are friends participating in a challenge still valid targets for the discard or are players forced to discard friends which have not yet committed to the challenge.

3) Can you play Gravira/Graviga during a challenge to remove a friend who is participating in the challenge? (similar question to 2b)

Just remembered some question unrelated to the challenge phase

4) When Green requiem is on a world with 2 other heartless and my opponent choose to do battle with them, does the +X POW bonus stay on the other 2 heartless through that first battle even if my opponent allocates the damage to green requiem first?

5) Do Dark/Villains follow the uniqueness ruling? Can you have a Pete in both your Friend and your opponents world? Can you have 2 Petes in your friend area?

6) Can you play White Mushroom on Disney Castle?

Thanks for the time and help.

Happy gaming.

1. Yes, you can. There was a big thing about it back in the set 1 days and the official ruling was that you may use them in the same manner as Attack cards.

2a. Yes.

2b. Simba's effect happens as normal. Friend cards in the Challenge are viable to be discarded for his effect.

3. Yes.

4. You destroy all Heartless simultaneously, not one at a time.

5. Yes, Dark/Villains are bound by the Unique Card rule.

6. I...can't...remember...Disney Castle's effect.

Thanks for the quick and helpful responses like always :D

Disney Castle says "Dark card cannot be played on this world" or something like that. I assumed you can't play White Mushroom on it, but my friend asked and wasn't 100% sure.

FRBL said:

Thanks for the quick and helpful responses like always :D

Disney Castle says "Dark card cannot be played on this world" or something like that. I assumed you can't play White Mushroom on it, but my friend asked and wasn't 100% sure.

Ah yes, that's the ticket.

No, you can't play White Mushroom on it.