Need Help customizing my Light Side deck

By IMAGINE1391, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Strategy

I am really having trouble constructing my LS deck and I'm at s point of both frustration and confusion. I feel like I have all the right objective sets but yet the deck doesn't hardly succeed. Here are the objective sets I have in it.

1. A Heroes Journey

2. In you must go

3. Forgotten Heroes

4. Last Minute Rescue

5. A Journey to Dagobah

6. Draw their Fire

7. Pushing Back the Empire

8. The Rebel Fleet

9. Shield Generator Assault

10. No Match for a Good Blaster

11. Spirit of Rebellion

They all seem like good if not excellent objective sets to me but they are simply not working. I have the likes of Luke Skywalker, Yoda, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Red Five, Redemption, Home One, Cassian Andor, Admiral Ackbar, 2 Han Solos, Chewbacca, and Jyn Erso but whether it's me or my wife that plays with this deck, we get destroyed. I would love some help.

Welcome!

I'd guess that part of your issue is that your deck is trying to pull itself in too many different directions. It has some good units, but is missing some synergy in the interactions.

A couple of questions before we can help though:

1. What products do you have to build with?

2. What kind of deck are you wanting to build? Something super fast and aggressive? Or something more control oriented?

One other note: the vast majority of the game's community doesn't use these forums. Most of the discussion happens on cardgamedb.com . You'll get more advice (and faster advice) there than you will here.

Of course and thank you. I'm looking for a control oriented deck more than supe aggressive. I have the Core set and force packs consisting of The Battle of Hoth, It Binds all Things, Jump to Lightspeed, Solo's Command, Redemption and Return, Ancient Rivals, and Allies of Necessity.

I should also have mentioned that your posts on cgdb won't appear until one is "approved" by the admin (an anti-spam measure). I'm on of the moderators over there, so I can see that you've made an account and posted, but I don't have approval powers. Be patient and they will pop up when the FFG admin approves it.

I'm at work tonight, but if things are slow I'll take a look through those force packs and see what I can come up with.

Alright that sounds great! Thanks! And yeah I was wondering why my post wasn't showing on the data base and I found that out as well.

It's pretty tough to get a super synergistic LS deck from that card pool. My starting point would be something like:

Affiliation: No Questions Asked

A Hero's Journey

A Journey to Dagobah (could also be In You Must Go, Forgotten Heroes, or A New Beginning)

The Secret of Yavin 4

Ties of Blood x2

Questionable Contacts

No Match for a Good Blaster x2

Spirit of Rebellion x2

If you wanted to try something a little more aggressive, you could go with:

Affiliation: Mercenary Contacts

That Bucket o' Bolts x2

Spirit of Rebellion x2

Questionable Contacts

No Match for a Good Blaster

The Defense of Yavin 4

The Rebel Fleet

Draw Their Fire

Green Squadron Deployment

Heroes of the Rebellion x2

I'll probably try out both of those options and just see what feels best for me. I seen that you doubled up on a couple objective sets. Is that a common thing to do and can you play two of the same objectives at a time? I've never tried that out. And I also noticed you chose just 2 affiliations for each of those sets. Is it a bad idea to use all three affiliations in a single deck?

The advantage of including 2 copies of an objective set is in the increased deck consistency. You're much more likely to find your best cards if you have 2 copies of them in the deck. Plus, drawing duplicates of unique cards isn't as useless as it would be in other games because the duplicate card can be used in an edge battle.

Most people try to keep decks to 1 or 2 affiliations. In the case of the decks I suggested, the affiliation cards used require that they be 2 affiliations. In general, resource matching gets tricky when you're running 3 affiliations. You'll often end up with only 1 (or even zero) source or resources for one of the affiliations and have more than 1 card of that affiliation you want to play. There are exceptions, of course, but in general you should probably look to keep your decks to 1 or 2 affiliations.

Also, looks like the admin approved your posts on cardgamedb. You'll no longer need to wait for your posts to appear. The site also includes a deck builder and a card list that shows which cards come in which packs so if you ever want to expand your collection you can scout out what you want.

Thanks. You've been a huge help. I already constructed a deck with a lot of your suggestions and I went with the Jedi and Smugglers and spies affiliations leaving the Rebels out of it. Me and my wife just played the first game with the new deck and I was finally able to win with the light side! I could tell everything was falling into place much smoother than the past 10-15 games lol. So thank you once again. And I'll be glad to use to card game data base. It's a really useful site without the forums and now I'll be able to ask questions whenever I need to.