Forged in Battle scalping at 45 bucks +

By Archlyte, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion RPG

I wonder if this is what FFG really wanted to have happen with their books, or if Disney envisioned this when they sold the license to FFG. You can almost hear the PDF Pirates warming up their copiers.

The PDFs are already out there. The fact that some people can sell it for higher than MSRP isn't going to change that.

8 minutes ago, HappyDaze said:

The PDFs are already out there. The fact that some people can sell it for higher than MSRP isn't going to change that.

It just bums me out because I won't get that PDF, and I want them to have their money, I believe they earned it. To stay true to that I don't get to buy this book at the retail price. I know it's not the end of the world, but I just don't understand from a business perspective how they have such poor distribution. I'm ignorant to their situation though, I admit it.

23 hours ago, awayputurwpn said:

Here you go:

https://www.miniaturemarket.com/ffgswa42.html

No scalping necessary.

Thank you soo much!! I didn't think to look there. You saved me

45 bucks is nothing compared to other stuff. I remember when the old Black Crusade supplements were going for 400-900, easily. I lucked out when I stumbled into a used book store and completed a few of my collections for market price (made up for the owner/shop keep being a total prick ha).

On 13.9.2017 at 7:10 AM, Archlyte said:

It just bums me out because I won't get that PDF, and I want them to have their money, I believe they earned it. To stay true to that I don't get to buy this book at the retail price. I know it's not the end of the world, but I just don't understand from a business perspective how they have such poor distribution. I'm ignorant to their situation though, I admit it.

To clarify something. Often creating a PDF from a friends book for personal use is actually legal and a legit way to solve problems with availability of books. Once reprints become avaible, nothing would stop you from buying the hardcover afterwards anyway.

For all practical purposes creating your own set of PDFs is the way to go anyway, not only for backup purpose, but as well for searchability. The FFG rule set is rather … spread out over a ton of books, so search is a god sent and worth the trouble to digitize anyway.

edit: And personal use is here a keyword btw, publishing your digital copies to the general public is the part which is illegal on most parts of the world for obvious reasons. So don't do that.

Edited by SEApocalypse
46 minutes ago, SEApocalypse said:

To clarify something. Often creating a PDF from a friends book for personal use is actually legal and a legit way to solve problems with availability of books. Once reprints become avaible, nothing would stop you from buying the hardcover afterwards anyway.

For all practical purposes creating your own set of PDFs is the way to go anyway, not only for backup purpose, but as well for searchability. The FFG rule set is rather … spread out over a ton of books, so search is a god sent and worth the trouble to digitize anyway.

edit: And personal use is here a keyword btw, publishing your digital copies to the general public is the part which is illegal on most parts of the world for obvious reasons. So don't do that.

I actually don't prefer pdf's for searching for something. I never seem to get what I want because the page count between the book and the pdf doesn't match sometimes. My friends have PDFs and seem to be able to do what you do with them as far as fast searches, but I haven't had much luck with that. I also love these books, they are beautiful.

On 9/20/2017 at 9:09 AM, Archlyte said:

I actually don't prefer pdf's for searching for something. I never seem to get what I want because the page count between the book and the pdf doesn't match sometimes. My friends have PDFs and seem to be able to do what you do with them as far as fast searches, but I haven't had much luck with that. I also love these books, they are beautiful.

You have to OCR them to get fast searches. As then you can do a text search