Painted by Ygritte

By Ygritte, in Imperial Assault Painting and Modification

Hello everyone!

I would like to show You models painted by me and I hope that You enjoy it. :) These models are commisions which I made for my friends. If you like my paintings please follow my facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/PerfectlyPaintedStudio/

IMG0047-v_qpwrnsr.jpg

IMG0092-v_qhpnpha.jpg

Great stuff, I envy how neat you are.

Wow I love it, especially your bases! Any tips/info on those? I'm always out for base updates.

Great paintjobs and bases! One advice I would like to give you is straightening out the blades. If you have very hot tap water you can hold the blade under that to make it soft. Reshape it straight and put the new form in place with cold water. Your tap might not be hot enough, though. If that is the case, boil some water, let it cool a bit, and try to do the same. Not as conventient, but it should work. This boardgame-plastic really can be a pain to work with!

You can get hot water faster by putting it in a coffee mug and microwaving the water on high for about a minute.

20 hours ago, Force Majeure said:

You can get hot water faster by putting it in a coffee mug and microwaving the water on high for about a minute.

That is a better way to do it. I am fortunate enough (if we ignore the burn blisters I got by not being careful doing the dishes) to have almost boiling tap water, so I have the easiest way availiable.

You can change the temperature on the water heater so your water isn't scalding. And you might save some $ on your utility bill.

On 26.9.2017 at 9:15 PM, Force Majeure said:

You can change the temperature on the water heater so your water isn't scalding. And you might save some $ on your utility bill.

The appartment building I live in gets its heating from a nearby powerplants heat emissions, there is nothing I can do about it. Upside is that it is really cheap!

It really looks awful, I know... :( Thank you for your advice, next time I will do it! :)

Bases: it's about the black ones? I painted it black, brightened gray and made black lines at the end.