Are we dead in the water?

By BithLord, in Android: Netrunner The Card Game

With no announcements (and no planned acknowledgement) of the game at GenCon, and the last news about Netrunner being over three months ago... Are we dead?

I hope not and don't believe so.

Tweets from FFG Organised Play yesterday:

"There will be a new Most Wanted List set for a post-rotation World Championship. #netrunner"

"The World Championship will be post rotation. We'll be updating our Product Legality Page to reflect this by the end of the week."

The 8th cycle is clearly delayed, but on its way.

The developer for netrunner left. I do believe he was replaced. Some times it can take a new hire up to 6 months to be fully productive. So yeah, we are going to see nothing for a bit before things get going again.

Michael Boggs was hired on before Damon left the post. From the perspective of product development, there has been no interruption. The delays are attributable to production logistics to the best of my knowledge (which is limited).

regardless, Boggs has mentioned in interviews that there is product in the pipeline, at least to data pack cycles. They will resume sometime in November or December.

.... and we are going again.

Now I just need to know when this new core is coming out....

I was sure that if Core 2 were real it would be out before Cycle 8 but given how they've treated this as much more of an info dump for CSR, I am not sure. Kitara Cycle looks like December. I suspect very close together.

Well, Core 2.0 and the next cycle were both announced. And I like the look of Core 2.0 as they took the opportunity to give the game a sort of soft reboot it needed (by changing the card mixes which in essence causes cards not included to cease to exist and cards brought in from the packs are immune to rotation).

I hope whenever it is, it's soon. I want another LCG, but I won't bother with L5R

Core 2.0 will be required at worlds for those of us going. Core 1.0 is no more at worlds.

4 minutes ago, nungunz said:

Core 2.0 will be required at worlds for those of us going. Core 1.0 is no more at worlds.

Except that it says about 8 times on that page that the new core won't be out in time for worlds... or were you talking about 2018 worlds?

13 minutes ago, Handler said:

Except that it says about 8 times on that page that the new core won't be out in time for worlds... or were you talking about 2018 worlds?

FFG OP and Michawl Boggs have corected the article via the official twitter accounts.

Core 2.0 is required at Worlds even though the product isn't out until after Worlds.

I don't think you mean 'required' then.

But after reading the twitter stream I see that the cards in the 2.0 core will be legal, core 1.0 cards are only legal if they are repeated in the new core

Since all Core 2.0 cards are technically available at retail, it's not unfeasible.

Clearly some of the core cards are included in the rotation.

17 hours ago, Mep said:

Clearly some of the core cards are included in the rotation.

Yes, this is known...why mention it?

6 hours ago, Grimwalker said:

Yes, this is known...why mention it?

Because at the time I wrote it, there was some confusion. You a little salty right now or something?

No, just didn't know where you were coming from. There was no confusion for the most part; the full card list of the Revised Core Set was published in the initial announcements on Monday, and that it was immediately apparent that several Core 1.0 cards were going away. FFG OP clarified before close of business on Monday that Worlds would be using the Core 2.0 card list for legality. So, by yesterday afternoon everything was squared away.