Uthuk Y'llan

By Curlycross, in Runewars Lore and History of Terrinoth

I've read the lore guide that came with the game. Where else or what more information is there about the Uthuk, I find their gameplay super intriguing and would love to see what else they may have. I am also curious what type of units and how they worked in other games.

Thanks!

They have a story in Runebound, but I haven't played it yet. I'm not familiar with any other Runebond universe games.

10 minutes ago, rowdyoctopus said:

They have a story in Runebound, but I haven't played it yet. I'm not familiar with any other Runebond universe games.

So look up stuff from Runebound?

They are one of the two core factions for Battlelore as well which, if you haven't played it, IS FANTASTIC.

On 9/1/2017 at 6:01 PM, Tvayumat said:

They are one of the two core factions for Battlelore as well which, if you haven't played it, IS FANTASTIC.

One of the midweight C&C series games if memory serves, maybe on par or a bit more than ancients but less than Napoleonics? More than memoir as well, memoir being the most basic entry. A very fun system of games.

1 hour ago, Darthain said:

One of the midweight C&C series games if memory serves, maybe on par or a bit more than ancients but less than Napoleonics? More than memoir as well, memoir being the most basic entry. A very fun system of games.

I've been playing more BattleLore than Runewars recently and I have to say I love that game. For me, personally, it's a better fit of a game than Runewars Miniatures Game is. But as a lore junky, I've been inevitably sucked into Runewars Miniatures Game. I feel that BattleLore: Second Edition did more to evoke the theme of the armies and the world than Runewars Miniatures Game has so far. I JUST WISH THEY GAVE US ELVES!!

1 hour ago, Budgernaut said:

I've been playing more BattleLore than Runewars recently and I have to say I love that game. For me, personally, it's a better fit of a game than Runewars Miniatures Game is. But as a lore junky, I've been inevitably sucked into Runewars Miniatures Game. I feel that BattleLore: Second Edition did more to evoke the theme of the armies and the world than Runewars Miniatures Game has so far. I JUST WISH THEY GAVE US ELVES!!

I enjoy the Napoleonics one a good bit when I want some easy going games, so would never have invested in battlelore. 1 is enough for all that system gets played.

Pretty much barbarian tribe out in the wastes during the time of DiskWars. Life was hard. A shaman named Llovar makes contact with the Ynfernael and makes a pact. They summon demons, kill them and drink their blood. Mutations begin.

Timmoran flees and starts up his Acolytes to one day do battle with Llovar. Eventually Llovar sets his tribe against the known world, making deals with the orcs and the undead.

They make pretty good inroads, capture Waiqar and torture him, but the Daqan (before they were Daqan) manage to hold them long enough for Timmoran to defeat Llovar in a duel.

((There of course is a ton more story along with this, like the Dragonkin struggling against prophecy to somehow forestall the extinction of dragons on the continent, the Mahkim and dwarves, and so on.))

Waiqar is all PTSDed and takes a core of men who aren't content to just celebrate the defeat of the Uthuk and follows them into the Ru darklands intent on genociding them all.

After this Timmoran decides to pass his power on in an orb that all mages would have access too, Waiqar, who was his apprentice, thinks it should all be bequeathed to him. He marches on Timmoran's tower with his hardened veterans that had stood at his side against the Uthuk all these years. Shennanigans ensue, and they all become undead, Timmoran dies, and his new apprentice escapes with the Shards of Timmoran.

Waiqar makes a pact with the undead he once fought against and starts the Mistlands. Uthuk aren't heard from for untold centuries, but the elves have kept an eye out for them due to the elven fear of the Ynfernael. Sure enough, some of them survived and continued their traditions and now the Locust Swarm returns.

47 minutes ago, Waywardpaladin said:

Pretty much barbarian tribe out in the wastes during the time of DiskWars. Life was hard. A shaman named Llovar makes contact with the Ynfernael and makes a pact. They summon demons, kill them and drink their blood. Mutations begin.

Timmoran flees and starts up his Acolytes to one day do battle with Llovar. Eventually Llovar sets his tribe against the known world, making deals with the orcs and the undead.

They make pretty good inroads, capture Waiqar and torture him, but the Daqan (before they were Daqan) manage to hold them long enough for Timmoran to defeat Llovar in a duel.

((There of course is a ton more story along with this, like the Dragonkin struggling against prophecy to somehow forestall the extinction of dragons on the continent, the Mahkim and dwarves, and so on.))

Waiqar is all PTSDed and takes a core of men who aren't content to just celebrate the defeat of the Uthuk and follows them into the Ru darklands intent on genociding them all.

After this Timmoran decides to pass his power on in an orb that all mages would have access too, Waiqar, who was his apprentice, thinks it should all be bequeathed to him. He marches on Timmoran's tower with his hardened veterans that had stood at his side against the Uthuk all these years. Shennanigans ensue, and they all become undead, Timmoran dies, and his new apprentice escapes with the Shards of Timmoran.

Waiqar makes a pact with the undead he once fought against and starts the Mistlands. Uthuk aren't heard from for untold centuries, but the elves have kept an eye out for them due to the elven fear of the Ynfernael. Sure enough, some of them survived and continued their traditions and now the Locust Swarm returns.

Nice! That's succinct and informative. Where does this information mostly come from? I'm really intrigued to learn more about potential new releases.

The first half from their old game Disk Wars that I played as a teen. The rest from the Lore Guide in the Core.