Please FFG, make us a Winds of Winter expansion!!

By metalcellist, in A Game of Thrones: The Board Game

For the love of God and all that is holy, please make us this 9 player expansion ( http://enter-there.com/ ) This guy has already done a lot of the work, but I don't have the time/patience to make my own so I would gladly give FFG all my money if you could do a quality production of this. I can't imagine it not being a flop. I'd think with the series entering its final season you'd want to release it to capture folks that love the show and ride that wave.

FFG has the rights to the books not the show, they can't release anything for the winds of winter until the book is out (late 2018).

On 30/8/2017 at 9:02 PM, mulletcheese said:

FFG has the rights to the books not the show, they can't release anything for the winds of winter until the book is out (late 2018) .

Love your optimism...

9 hours ago, Julia said:

Love your optimism...

GRRM said he is working on winds of winter and a book about the history of the targ royal line, at least one should be out by the end of 2018.

So there is a 50/50 chance.... If GRRM can keep to his own timetable.

Yeah, I know (for those interested, here 's the entry of Martin's blog talking about the coming books). Problem is that he said so many times "the book will be ready in..." never to deliver that I actually would trust more a politician proclaming to be honest.

Winds should have been released before Season 5 of the tv series; then before season 6 since the events in the series were at the same place as the books (more or less); then somewhere in 2017; and now it's end of 2018 / beginning of 2019 IF the other book (the first part of Fire and Blood) is not released instead. At the moment Martin is 69 and not exactly the portrait of good health. I wish him all the best, but I don't think we'll ever see a new instalment in the series. By his ammission, he's "more tired than he used to", and he's knee-deep in too many projects.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather read the books than watching the tv series (which is pure crap after season 4), it's just that I don't think this will ever happen (but I'll be happy if I'm wrong)