Now in 3D vision!!!!

By Bibbles, in Mansions of Madness

I just ordered some printed plastic models to replace explore tokens with doors and also some cool barricades. I also got the bookcases and the 3d secret hatch/sewer grate tiles. I hope this does not suck :)

Gonna be fun to paint I hope. Im planning to make one of the bookcases into a wall segment that opens on a pivot bar. TOTALLY UNNECESSARY GLAMMING UP OF BOARD GAME.

That's very nice :) Enjoy! And post pics afterwards!

Will be nice to see what you got. I just googled Edwardian doors and Victorian doors, bought some photopaper and printed out a bunch of doors, then glued them to thick cardboard and painted the edges. FFG sells plastic door stands (I noticed them in Descent) so pretty straightforward.
Sadly I used matt varnish spray on them afterwards which took some of the colour out of them. :/

gdtrLA6.jpg

0KWGGbq.jpg

Edited by totgeboren

Wow that is super creative. Good call!!!!!

On 30/08/2017 at 8:21 PM, totgeboren said:

Will be nice to see what you got. I just googled Edwardian doors and Victorian doors, bought some photopaper and printed out a bunch of doors, then glued them to thick cardboard and painted the edges. FFG sells plastic door stands (I noticed them in Descent) so pretty straightforward.
Sadly I used matt varnish spray on them afterwards which took some of the colour out of them. :/

that seem very cool indeed

My 3d Printed pieces just arrived. Woot. I primed them within minutes and am diving in there with the paint.

They look good. There is definitely 3d printing ridges but it's to be expected. The price was not out of the world and they arrived in good shape. I'll post a few painted images.

Photos. I hope this works. I got them on Easy from an outfit called 3d4Geeks. Polite friendly and good price. There were 3D printing revolution issues as there is with most 3D printed stuff, especially when its not the super high def. You get what you pay for. Im sure if you don't want to do the cleanup you can get it for twice the price.

With some paint and love they look great. I added some skulls that I ordered for my Mansions of Madness stuff. The photo closeup makes the lines of resolution look awful. Keep the scale in mind :)

3d4Geeks

3D.jpg

Edited by Bibbles

Looks good; where did you get the skulls from?

Tom

On 27/9/2017 at 0:31 AM, twm47099 said:

Arkham's graveyard...

On 26/09/2017 at 11:31 PM, twm47099 said:

The local ghoul clan's recycling bins.