Haven't played in awhile need help building force user

By theclash24, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion RPG

Need some help:

Star Wars Age of Rebellion. I'd like to make an force user-- I'd like to be melee oriented. Last character I played was --exile +marauder and she did pretty decent...I'd like to see if the GM would allow a FAD class and maybe exile.

Basically I'm looking for some good builds that are decent. I'm not expecting a lightsabers so a Vibro sword...which means my fav class Arturo striker is out as I'd take brawn for Vibro and if I got class I'd have no lightsaber (until who knows) which means striker would not work 80% of the time. Should I go back to the exile or other starter force class and marauder and just aim for a strength based LS skill tree later??? I'd like some viability without a LS to contribute to the group-- probably some piloting skill some range but heavy melee and survivability to get into melee.

So why no interest in a Force Emergent?

34 minutes ago, copperbell said:

So why no interest in a Force Emergent?

No particular reason ...liked the setup of Exile better but I'd be game for emergent if it was good too

maybe Exile + executioner

or

Emergent Executioner

If you're specifically interested in melee, I believe Executioner is more focused on ranged combat.

17 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

If you're specifically interested in melee, I believe Executioner is more focused on ranged combat.

I think you can apply to both ranged and melee

Well, if your GM allows you to take an F&D career, you won't need Exile or Emergent . You could still go Ataru Striker if you take an Ancient Sword over a vibrosword. The Anciet Sword uses Lightsaber as its skill, which would allow you to use lightsaber talents, such as Ataru technique.

Edited by Tramp Graphics

So-- I haven't heard back from the GM but I think he's may allow my build but -- he may just want AOR careers...

which means FS characters are expensive as ****. Unless I can take Emergent as my only career but I'm not to sure if you can do that or where it states the rules on that. Eitherway I'm not to sure if there are any good melee type AOR only careers off the top of my head.

24 minutes ago, theclash24 said:

So-- I haven't heard back from the GM but I think he's may allow my build but -- he may just want AOR careers...

which means FS characters are expensive as ****. Unless I can take Emergent as my only career but I'm not to sure if you can do that or where it states the rules on that. Eitherway I'm not to sure if there are any good melee type AOR only careers off the top of my head.

Nope. Emergent/Exile can only be taken as second specs. They can't replace your starting in-career spec. Your first specialization must be from your chosen career.

So it would cost me 20 points to get emergent -- I dunno what I'd choose than that would be melee oriented except for just straight up spy + emergent/exile (since AOR actually states you can take emergent or exile) within AOR core.

Edited by theclash24

The inflitrator is surprisingly heavy in melee. The Commando might not be bad either.

Yeah I'll have to look into which of those I want... :/