Realms of Terrinoth (3 day event) - New Descent Expansion or Terrinoth RPG?

By Frog, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

I wonder if this is the unreveiled box on the front-page. It is the size of a Descent or Runebound expansion. Or might this product be the often requested Terrinoth RPG? If it is a Terrinoth RPG, I hope it uses that new dice-system from Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay!

--------------------------------------------------

www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp

In the world of Mennara, set deep within the vast continent of Iolan, lies the great realm of Terrinoth. It is a vast and perilous land of fantastic adventure and unimaginable riches. From the great towers of the Daqan Lords to the deepest and most dangerous dungeons, the heroic and the foolish alike search the realm for treasure, honor, and glory.

Some seek to protect the innocent, fighting against those that would cast the world into eternal darkness. Others seek only their own gain, and wish to wield power for themselves. Whether working together for their own ends, or facing each other in deadly combat, these heroes share a common destiny: they each walk the road to legend. Today, we invite you to join them.

Fantasy Flight Games would like to invite you to join us for three days of epic adventure! The Realms of Terrinoth event, April 16th-18th, is a convention dedicated to Runebound, Descent: Journeys in the Dark, and Runewars, as well as the characters and events of the Runebound universe. This exciting event will be held at the spacious Fantasy Flight Games Event Center in Roseville, MN. With awesome competitions, great events, and engaging seminars, Realms of Terrinoth is a must for any fan of this rich fantasy universe... or of great gaming.

This first of many exciting Main Events to be held at the Fantasy Flight Games Event Center will feature seminars and Q&As with your favorite FFG designers, tournaments with awesome prizes, and creative contests that let you add to the richness of Terrinoth! There will also be an exclusive sneak peek of an upcoming FFG product set in this vibrant fantasy realm, so don’t miss it!

Don't forget: the Grand Opening of the Fantasy Flight Games Event Center is February 20th at 4pm.

Head over to our Realms of Terrinoth page for more information, then make plans to join us April 16th-18th!

Your right it does.

"Get an exclusive sneak peek at the next Runebound expansion"

If a bunch of people from this board go to this....it is your MORAL OBLIGATION to find Kevin Wilson and JR Goodwin and demand a FAQ update.

Demand using kidnapping and vile threats if need be.

Frog said:

Your right it does.

"Get an exclusive sneak peek at the next Runebound expansion"

But a few lines above that it reads "Get an exclusive first look at an upcoming product set in the Runebound universe!" That would seem to imply they are two seperate things. A seminar for the Runebound expansion, and an exclusive first look at an upcoming product set in the Runebound universe. Maybe I'm reading too much into that but it seems like they are two seperate things, otherwise why say the same thing twice two different ways? Also why be all secretive about just what it is they're annoucing, then tell you under the seminar section exactly what it is?

Then again this is FFG, who though I love dearly have some crazy writing skills sometimes happy.gif . So maybe your right, it might be another Runebound expansion.

Oh yeah, and I 2nd what Big Remy says to....

Big Remy said:

If a bunch of people from this board go to this....it is your MORAL OBLIGATION to find Kevin Wilson and JR Goodwin and demand a FAQ update.

I have a better suggestion. Go to the event with a printed list of the Gathered List of Unanswered Questions and corner Kevin until he addresses them. Barring that, Dan would work too.

Any volunteers? I'm too poor and located too far away.

ProtoPersona said:

Big Remy said:

I have a better suggestion. Go to the event with a printed list of the Gathered List of Unanswered Questions and corner Kevin until he addresses them. Barring that, Dan would work too.

Better yet just ask fora Descent 2nd edition. With all correction and much needed improvements to all parts of the game. Still LOVE the game though! gran_risa.gif

(if they say ok, make sure they make a small box, expanion sized, with all the 2nd edition rules to be used with the 1st edition stuff, token, tiles, minis ext.)

might be asking for to much.................but couldn't hurt to try.

PBnJ said:

ProtoPersona said:

Big Remy said:

Better yet just ask fora Descent 2nd edition. With all correction and much needed improvements to all parts of the game. Still LOVE the game though! gran_risa.gif

(if they say ok, make sure they make a small box, expanion sized, with all the 2nd edition rules to be used with the 1st edition stuff, token, tiles, minis ext.)

might be asking for to much.................but couldn't hurt to try.

I asked Kevin Wilson about a second edition Descent while working with FFG at GenCon last year. He said it wasn't likely since it's so hard to keep it consistent with all of the expansions. Not impossible, but unlikely.

spazard1 said:

I asked Kevin Wilson about a second edition Descent while working with FFG at GenCon last year. He said it wasn't likely since it's so hard to keep it consistent with all of the expansions. Not impossible, but unlikely.

On the one hand I'm happy, since I've already invested so much money in the game I'd be loathe to start over with a new edition. On the other hand I'm sad, because Descent could really use a ground-up overhaul. Oh well. I'll figure something out.

Ya know, I've been thinking. And I don't really see how this "unannounced" product could be anything but a Runewars expansion. Although I've no experience personally with the game, from what I hear it's practically begging for an expansion. It's sort of their "hot" new product right now, and that they had an expansion in the works while it was still being devolped wouldn't suprise me at all. Plus it has no expansions, while Runebound and Descent have like 10+ between the two of them.

DARN IT ALL!!!!!!!! enfadado.gif

Hmmm............. Let me think here. Oh Well. What are you going to do. The sneak peak will be some like of new set for Runebound. Cool part is if it's a new board set with new heros.. Then we will see then again in the next Descent expanion box. It always nice to know that when one comes up the next is sure to follow.

It will be new, big box expansion for Runebound:

"JUNGLES OF ZANAGA"!

Well the unrevealed box on the front page is the new BattleLore game, so not a Runewars universe game...

-shnar

Steve-O said:

spazard1 said:

On the one hand I'm happy, since I've already invested so much money in the game I'd be loathe to start over with a new edition. On the other hand I'm sad, because Descent could really use a ground-up overhaul. Oh well. I'll figure something out.

I'd like to see an expansion box with rules and cards for "Advanced Descent". That way we could still use all the models, tiles and tokens from the current game.

Steve-O said:

spazard1 said:

I'm really curious what you guys think is wrong with Descent that it needs a new edition?

Wow, that's a good few threads right there. Other than the various conflicting situations that happen when combining the right special effect with hero ability and terrain, the biggest reason for a reprint would just be a cleaned up and consolidated rulebook. I mean, look at how large the FAQ is, it's bigger than the rulebook!

-shnar