Would a sticker on a card to indicate errata be legal?

By johncpatterson, in Star Wars: The Card Game

Hi all, just a quick question: if one were to put a very thin and very small sticker on the front of a card, without blocking text, and within a sleeve, in order to indicate that a card has errata text found within the official FAQ, would that be legal for tournament play? If the answer is no, does anyone have any other ideas that would be legal without just having to memorize which cards have errata and which don't?

Thanks!
- John

I don't think you'd have any problems as long as you didn't obscure text and the card wasn't distinguishable (e.g. Isn't noticeably thicker). I'd personally be more nervous about damaging the card.

Sticker isn't the best solution. It's be subject to judgement call and you might not want that uncertainty. You could print off the list of eratas to have with you. If you are really having a hard time, might even be able to have a second card you could swap in once the card was played.

Thanks for the two replies! Does everybody else agree by chance? :)

- John

If you want more opinions, you should go check out cardgamedb.com. Most of the community for this game uses those forums instead of these.

I don't think there'd be any issue with a discreet sticker on the face of the card.

The concern about marked cards is being able to identify them from touch or while they're face down in your deck.

Thanks so much all!

- John

I would disagree. I made some full card foils with updated errata text and was told no at worlds.

You could make yourself a small reminder card, maybe something business card size or similar. When it comes to tournaments, I wouldn't start messing with the sleeves or cards; just stick to a non tampered with card in a tournament approved sleeve.

Your best bet is to memorize the cards with important errata, and probably the second best option is to make a small reminder card for yourself. Also, I don't think that there are any rules about taking a second to look up a card on your phone, iPad, etc. So, you could probably just keep a list of errata'd cards with you and save some pictures of them on your phone or tablet, and then reference those when one of said cards is played. That's what the judges do when they have some question about that...they just look up the card in some way.