Starter box point totals

By davepaulstanley, in Star Wars: Legion

Has anyone seen/heard how many total points for each army are included in the starter box? For instance, is a typical starter box army going to be 400 points? 500? It would be nice to know how many starter boxes would be needed for tournament play off the bat. I'm assuming it will take two, but does anyone have concrete info on this?

Vader is 200, 10 stromies is 88, 2 upgrade stromies is 22 speeder bikes are 90. Then there are some nasty 30pt upgrades for Vader and other 10 pters.

400+ some upgrades.

Thx!

A further break down.

Storm troopers are 100pts max

Speeder bikes are 100pts max

Vader is 235pts max

Rebel troopers are 93pts max

The AT-RT is 90pts max assuming the flame thrower is less than/equal to 35pts.

Luke is 201pts max(195 without targeting scopes)

So for 2 cores maxed out if you get 2/3+ targeting scopes your point counts are:

Rebels-747/753

Imperials-835

Given that a full game is 800pts, rebel players will need three core sets to get the flexibility to build a decent list.

So, if the unit packs come out fairly soon after release(2-3 months) I would start with a core only tournament. If they take longer than that or if want to jump into 2 core tourneys, I'd go to the 700-725 point range. I might even go lower because my point totals are assuming enough copies of the upgrade cards come in the box for you to be able to field them all without proxy.

Edit: the AT-RT max points is actually 100 per unit. It is 55 base, 35 for the laser cannon and 10 for long range comms. This puts rebels up to 767/773, so a 750 point tournament could be possible with 2 cores.

Edited by Orcdruid

Ok? So math is not adding up for me. I'm only counting 32 miniatures.... the news release (spelled out) thirty-three. With a gaping hole in the points, who are we kidding? Princess Leia? Just asking.... ;)

36 minutes ago, Guest Cpt Dash X said:

Ok? So math is not adding up for me. I'm only counting 32 miniatures.... the news release (spelled out) thirty-three. With a gaping hole in the points, who are we kidding? Princess Leia? Just asking.... ;)

Mini count:

Vader(x1) 1

Luke(x1) 2

At-rt(x1) 3

Speder bike(x2) 5

Stormtrooper(x10) 15

HH-12 storm trooper(x2) 17

DLT stormtrooper(x2) 19

Rebel trooper(x10) 29

Z-6 trooper(x2) 31

MPL trooper(x2) 33

Thats 33 done.