Concerns over future of this game

By davepaulstanley, in Runewars Miniatures Game

No horn, but I have tankards!

14 hours ago, Ywingscum said:

No horn, but I have tankards!

I've got a truly awesome german stoneware stein. It shall be filled.

Edited by Darthain
4 hours ago, Darthain said:

I've got a truly awesome german stoneware stein. It shall be filled.

I'm glad the Runewars community can come together over an appreciation of drinking vessels and the drinks therein.

Yours sounds nice, show and tell?

This style can be traced back to an archaeological find from Baden-Württemberg in the 14th century. Stoneware is awesome.

mCyjAycl.jpg

Well now I feel left out because I don't drink :P . Although, there was this time when I was at a pub with some colleagues, and I saw chocolate milk on the beverage list. We all had a good laugh when they brought out this:

C5sqzc8U4AAFZC3.jpg

How was I supposed to know it was children's chocolate milk? :lol:

1 minute ago, Parakitor said:

Well now I feel left out because I don't drink :P . Although, there was this time when I was at a pub with some colleagues, and I saw chocolate milk on the beverage list. We all had a good laugh when they brought out this:

How was I supposed to know it was children's chocolate milk? :lol:

Any chocolate milk is adult's chocolate milk if an adult drinks it!

20 minutes ago, Tvayumat said:

Any chocolate milk is adult's chocolate milk if an adult drinks it!

That was beautiful, was that T.S. Eliot?

Edited by Curlycross
2 hours ago, Tvayumat said:

I'm glad the Runewars community can come together over an appreciation of drinking vessels and the drinks therein.

Yours sounds nice, show and tell?

This style can be traced back to an archaeological find from Baden-Württemberg in the 14th century. Stoneware is awesome.

mCyjAycl.jpg

That is very cool, beer Ewer.

Mine was recently retrieved from Germany when my brother in law went to visit his Grandfather, who was not doing great. A well used old stein, that is a legitimate workout to drink from, but must be used. That's showing respect of it apparently, so drink it does. Holds a good 1.5L of beer.

XT9MjES.jpg

Based on some of these posts, I think I should change the title of this thread to 'Concerns over the future of mankind.'

:-)

Mine are all world of Warcraft based

were I played..... yup hunter!

Edited by Ywingscum

What I got out of this thread is that I really should check if my FLGS has any Runewars stuff on sale. :ph34r:

26 minutes ago, Darthain said:

That is very cool, beer Ewer.

Mine was recently retrieved from Germany when my brother in law went to visit his Grandfather, who was not doing great. A well used old stein, that is a legitimate workout to drink from, but must be used. That's showing respect of it apparently, so drink it does. Holds a good 1.5L of beer.

XT9MjES.jpg

I wonder how much hard alcohol it'd hold if it holds 1.5L of beer...

4 minutes ago, Curlycross said:

I wonder how much hard alcohol it'd hold if it holds 1.5L of beer...

About 1.5L of it. That's what 50floz for yankees?

Edited by Darthain
9 minutes ago, Darthain said:

About 1.5L of it. That's what 50floz for yankees?

I think just shy of 51fl oz

I keep seeing this "Concerns for the game" pop up and wonder what we could be worried about that hasn't been discussed to death already... now I know. Units of measurement.

@Willange I was just laughing when I entered this forum post, knowing of the 138 posts here (139 with this one) only like 39 are related to concerns, the rest are how dangerous the Latari can be, excitement over new units, check out what I drink alcohol out of, and standard to metric conversion.

America calls Imperial units Standard? Interesting.

4 minutes ago, taylorcowbell said:

We're not an Empire, and to us it is standard, so yeah...

Well, for anyone interested, the Imperial system was developed by the Brits in the 1830s or something and most countries that used to be part of the British Empire ended up using them, though currently America is one of the only 3 countries that uses it officially (the other teo being Myanmar and Liberia).

In Canada, we tend to use both, due to lots of dealings back and forth with Americans. Im pretty sure the brits also jump back and forth depending on the thing.

1 minute ago, taylorcowbell said:

Well, for anyone interested, the Imperial system was developed by the Brits in the 1830s or something and most countries that used to be part of the British Empire ended up using them, though currently America is one of the only 3 countries that uses it officially (the other teo being Myanmar and Liberia).

In Canada, we tend to use both, due to lots of dealings back and forth with Americans. Im pretty sure the brits also jump back and forth depending on the thing.

Oh, interesting; I love facts like that. I know a couple people from Myanmar. I had no idea other countries used "Imperial" system. I honestly think it's stupid and wish we used metric. I wish we would do what the Brits did and switch to Metric. I think the "standard" makes no sense.

1 hour ago, Curlycross said:

Oh, interesting; I love facts like that. I know a couple people from Myanmar. I had no idea other countries used "Imperial" system. I honestly think it's stupid and wish we used metric. I wish we would do what the Brits did and switch to Metric. I think the "standard" makes no sense.

Probably can't as someone has to continue to use the British system. Ironically it is the USA. Leave it to the US to call the British or imperial system standard, the whole whole thing reeks of freedom fries ?.

Cascadia will switch to the metric system.

Edited by flightmaster101
20 minutes ago, Darthain said:

Probably can't as someone has to continue to use the British system. Ironically it is the USA. Leave it to the US to call the British or imperial system standard, the whole whole thing reeks of freedom fries ?.

There is a burger place called Honest Abes here, very "America!" Their fries are Freedom Fries... We're America of course we call our odd things standard. We're arrogant. :)

2 hours ago, taylorcowbell said:

Right? If anything should be called Standard its Metric, but knowing how America works, we probably started calling it standard to piss off the commies.

Now that it is August 2018. What are your thoughts on this topic?