Battles of the Third Age Question

By Ring_of_Gyges, in War of the Ring

In the base game an army may only move once per turn (i.e. you can't spend two dice to move the same army twice).

Is that also true of the expansion games (the Rohan and Gondor games)? I can't find anything in the FAQ or Battles of the War of the Ring Rulebook to suggest that an army can't be moved as many times as the controlling player has dice to spend. Is there something I'm missing in the rules, or can armies really move that quickly?

Ring_of_Gyges said:

In the base game an army may only move once per turn (i.e. you can't spend two dice to move the same army twice).

Huh? What? When? Where??? sorpresa.gif

Not sure if that's a typo or something. It's true that you can't move an army TWICE with the SAME die. However, each die used is considered a separate entity (for the lack of a better word). Are you saying that in your games an army marching from Mordor to DEW (Dale-Woodland-Erebor) can only more 1 region per turn, needing about 6 turns to even reach Dale??? Man, that DEW strategy sure wouldn't work with those kinda rules.

p. 12 of the rulebook says is best:

"...as long as no unit is moved twice using the same action (including Event card usage)..." (emphasis added)

Dam's right. The prohibition is that the same unit (and by extension, Army) can't be moved twice with the same action die.

Well ****. I've been playing that wrong for a *long* time. Somehow I read that restriction into the first bullet point of "movement restrictions", but you're both right, it isn't there.

I'm suddenly much more proud of my Shadow victories....

so i always don´t understand - can i move with army twice (or more) during turn (in battles of the third age expansion)?

Yes. You can move the Army twice with two different Action dice, just not the same Army twice with one Action die.

thank you so much Krieghund (for answer my question and your readiness). And another question - can i use all Saruman´s abilities during turn, or use one (the fires of orthanc ability for example) more then once? Thanks In Advance

You may use as many of his abilities as many times as you like, as long as you have enough Character dice.

Must be hangover from Twilight Imperium or something.