Anyone Know What Terrain is in the Core?

By Talonbane Cobra, in Star Wars: Legion

I'm guessing it's not those cool looking tatooine buildings they had on the Gencon tables?

2d Card Shapes?

The demo video I saw said 8 3D plastic barriers.

I asked an FFG employee, confirmed it was 8 3D plastic barriers. I didn't ask specifically, but the chatter around the con was that there are currently no plans to make the Tatooine buildings, etc from the demo tables.

Game itself was a ton of fun.

8x plastic barrier confirmed by FFG contractors.

45 minutes ago, captainraffi said:

...there are currently no plans to make the Tatooine buildings, etc from the demo tables.

That kind of sucks, but hey when the game is out youtube will be flooded with tutorials on how to make them. And they will be a lot cheaper as well :)

FFG infamously refuses to comment about upcoming products so I would not put much stock in unattributed "con chatter."

In miniatures gaming more widely, there has been a slow shift away from the assumption that gamers will make their own terrain, which will be generic and useful for various systems, to the idea of IP-specific terrain. Part of this shift includes creating kit-specific rules. This trend is a natural fit for FFG and specifically for the design of Legion. I would not be surprised to see terrain kits for Legion after the first few waves of miniatures.

Doesn't really matter if FFG make any tbh. If the game is popular, the third party companies will cover it gleefully.

That is exactly right. I would bet money that MDF terrain companies are already designing "not-SW" kits.

Yep. They aren't going to miss out on this cash cow!

4 hours ago, Manchu said:

That is exactly right. I would bet money that MDF terrain companies are already designing "not-SW" kits.

Isshh, that's probably kind of risky for them, copyright-wise. But I agree that some kind of deal is probably already in the works between FFG, Disney and a 3D terrain manufacturer to produce iconic Star Wars terrain pieces. Hopefully!

Lots of SW sets are fairly generic. I doubt there is much copyright inherent to "generic sci fi bunker," for example.

Moon Forest Tree
Desert Planet Rocks
Snow Planet Cave

See, it's easy to name them!