Questions out of GenCon

By BergerFett, in Star Wars: Legion

How will upgrades work? How have they worked in RuneWars. FFG said for RuneWars you would not be required to buy kits for other factions to play the faction you want. This has been the biggest hindrance for armada and x-wing locally because players want to play one faction and don't want to buy Imperials or Scum for upgrade cards.

Did FFG hold up to the deal with RuneWars? Is Legion expected to be the same way or will they stick to the "you have to buy one of everything" formula.

What about wave 1, will it be the core set stuff with new upgrades? will i need another vader to get some new upgrades and force powers? Did they release the heroes from runewars separately from the core and were there any differences in upgrades?

Trying to get some more information so i can sell people locally on the hype. Was wondering if anyone asked these questions at GenCon and got any answers.

It seems like FFG has done a good job of making sure that all factions in Runewars have equal access to neutral upgrade cards. You might have to buy extra unit boxes to get them but if you're sticking to a single faction you should be fine.

The heroes from the core set have not been released as standalone minis, the expectation is that everyone playing would have (or have access to) at least one core set.

These are good, constructive questions. I too would like hear more along these lines.

Pretty sure in one of the demo's Alex Davy said all the models from the core set would be available in expansions with the exception of Luke and Vader which are core only.

Thanks. Hopefully they do more Q&A