How I am accepting Legion's Scale

By Mikael Hasselstein, in Star Wars: Legion

2 minutes ago, Guest Mike said:

So has it been confirmed as to what the scale actually is? If so what is it? And what is IA?

I'm sure if they are different then characters such as IG88 could be easily used in both. The problem will come from mixing stromtroppers.

I have not seen any official confirmations one way or the other. All I see is that the models are a little different, but that difference is turning into a bit of a Rorschach test. Those who want to be hurt see them as wholly incompatible, those who are excited don't.

If I'm a person interested in building a SW:Legion community in my area, then I'm going to try to be as inclusive as possible, and try to recruit IA players. As such, I will encourage events that see the size difference as negligible and fudge whatever little thing may need to be fudged in order to bring in more people. If, on the other hand, I get pushback, I will gauge the strength of that pushback against the amount of IA players I can draw in.

3 hours ago, VAYASAN said:

Wont you need some special cards that come with Legion purchases to use miniatures?

You would. But extra cards are usually much easier and cheaper to obtain than extra models, via parts resellers or promo rewards. Also, contrary to Armada, Imperial Assault and X-wing, it does not currently seem like there is any information tracked on the unit cards. I don't see any mechanical issue arising if you would rock up with a single Stormtrooper card, an extra trooper card and a heavy weapon card for reference and simply declare all three of your trooper units are kitted out the same way.

12 hours ago, Cade Bulkin said:

I don't see why people are taking like legion is such a small scale game. It's way bigger than IA.

Here is how I look at it. In IA army is 20 stormtroopers big (2 points for a single trooper, 40 points in an army.)

Meanwhile, In Legion an army is 72 stormtroopers big (11 points for a single trooper, 800 points in an army.)

(I know neither game can meet you have a team of just single troopers like that, but that's just to give an idea of scale.)

Plus, in Armada, they raised the size of a standard fleet from 300 to 400 when the second wave hit. They may be planning something similar here. I can easily imagine an increase to 1,000 points (maybe along with an At-At release.)

Underrated post

Well since the Team Covenant gameplay video went up we know that we can have up to 6 Stormtrooper Units with 5 regular Stormtroopers and one special Stormtrooper. Without anymore upgrades those would cost you 474/800 points. Then you add Vader without upgrades for another 200 points. 90 for 2 Speederbikes without any upgrades. So around 30 - 40 figures might be a normal sized army.

Edited by Reaver027

In the end just realize it's a different game if you and your friends want to use IA minis go ahead. Mini war gaming is also a hobby for most and building and painting your army is part of the fun. If you don't like the game isn't catered to you, use the Legion mechanics with other figures.

21 hours ago, Guest Shameful Display said:

But they should be clear on the IA players issue with this.

They will make it very clear long before the game comes out.

They for lots of them feels kind of cheated by this move on their part.

How in the world can anyone feel cheated? It's not like their IA models are going to melt into plastic slag the moment Legion comes out.

And yes, because lots of players commissioned IA figures, or invested themselves in and such.

And again... they can still keep using them and there's very likely no real reason you can't use them in friendly and even in some tournaments.