Expansions possibilities (The end of IA?)

By Raging Celt, in Star Wars: Legion

I know, I know! We're all speculating like mad and our imaginations are on overdive. Sorry, hate to add to the fray! I was re-watching Rebels Season 4 (trailer) and I couldn't help but think of the amazing possibilities Legion gives us. In a different post I mentioned FFG could be saving a lot of opportunities for Legion (Scarif, commanders, etc.). Reading through the different sub-threads and sifting rumors I can't help but wonder if this is their intent. While rumors are what they are I wonder if Imperial Assault is being quietly dismissed in favor if Legion? It would make sense on a lot of levels. Miniatures on sprue would be an easier sell than the boxed expansions of IA and the character boosters and I think an easier impact on our wallets. Think about it. How cool would a sprue of Mandalorians and Death Troopers be? Or whole scenario packs? Imagine a Tattooine Droid Search pack complete with sandtroopers, tuskens, and droids? How about seeing nifty cool dudes like Krennick, Thrawn, or even Tarkin on the table? (A lack of presence I found odd with IA.) I think there are tons and tons of possibilities here and I, for one, am looking forward to it! We could have something really, really good here if we could just hold our reins and see where FFG is taking this.

I was told on this forum that because of the mechanics of the various license agreements Hasbro has distribution rights to IA and FFG cannot make direct sales of the IA product line. More than anything else, that would make me think FFG was ready to wrap up IA.

I don't think the mere existence of Legion invalidates the IA product line.

Edited by Manchu

IA has a whole lot of things that at the moment don't make much sense in Legion.

For example I don't think we will see "scum" as a faction. Legion is about armies fighting. Even the largest criminal organizations in Star Wars are not large enough or inclined to wage war like the empire and rebellion.

I could see mercenary units or characters that work for both or either side in legion like a unit of e'woks or a boba fet commander. but not really things Banthas, Wampas, or rancors.

legion can have some things that don't make much sense in AI, like snow speeders or other large vheicals that feel cramped on an IA board.

but for all that there is quite a bit of undeniable cross over.

also the IA App will make that game skyrocket in popularity.

Yeah the IA app is a bit of a curiosity and makes me think IA will continue at a slower pace (as it has) while Legion may get the goods on the major commanders and troop types.

As for Scum, or mercs, I don't know that we won't see some sort of alternate faction aside from the Alliance and the Empire. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to see bounty hunters on either side or on their own. I would wager Jabba and his family could field an army large enough to make either side think twice about putting boots on the ground.

16 minutes ago, TylerTT said:

I could see mercenary units or characters that work for both or either side in legion like a unit of e'woks or a boba fet commander. but not really things Banthas, Wampas, or rancors.

legion can have some things that don't make much sense in AI, like snow speeders or other large vheicals that feel cramped on an IA board.

Yeah so I basically said the same thing you said before me! Eh! So much for reading all the posts thoroughly before tapping away!