Distress...

By Attackmack, in Star Wars: Legion

Initially I wasn't interested in this. Mainly because its Star Wars which I'm fed up with, but also because I've already bought into enough FFG games that I really don't need another one. I am interested in seeing what FFG does with a skirmish miniature game but not excited about the way the game will inevitably be bloated with upgrades and combos.

But after watching a demo game on youtube I don't know if ill be able to resist when this finally hits the stores...Mostely because the ruleset seem so great, the command and order system is simply brilliant and the movement so smooth.

My wallet is crying out in agony.

tenor.gif

15 minutes ago, Algernon said:

tenor.gif

Thank you for the support :D

I'm going to save my nickels for this, I feel your pain -- but out with the old in with the new. I have stuff I need to sell that I've been too lazy to list on ebay, and this will help clear the clutter.

Then I can enjoy fun, current clutter.

This isn't the "I NEED TO BUY THIS NOW" that it would have been if it was more like Epic 40K, but I'll take a look. The notion of the game being more about squad-vs-squad battles than a dungeon crawler is definately a plus. I would like to buy lots of stormtroopers to play with in a game, and eventually push up to an AT-ST/tank division... but it might take a while.

Part of the problem is that I already own Imperial assault, and my fiancee is more likely to play the story-driven Imperial Assault than the squad-based Legion. And if I want to commit to one game at this scale, what would it be? The decision would be dead simple if this was X-Wing scale because it's different. But it's not.

So... I'll wait and see.