AT-AT expansion would be totally fetch

By Shadow345, in Star Wars: Legion

Even if only for Legion epic play.

Stop trying to make fetch happen.

Redirect that energy to making AT-ATs happen.

:D

I think they will happen and I think they will be priced around the cost of the ISD for Armada.

If Rebels need an equivalent they have Captain Rex and his walker from Rebels.

2 hours ago, Tirion said:

I think they will happen and I think they will be priced around the cost of the ISD for Armada.

HAHAHA, no...just no there is no way that FFG will sell an in scale or even sliding scale AT-AT for Legion at $50. I bet you ten to one that this game will be priced similarly to Rune Wars, so expect that a squad of troopers will cost around $25 each. The cheapest an AT-AT might be in this game would be $100 and I would bet it would be a bit more than that, if ever done at all. With the scale of this game being 35mm an AT-AT would be huge, so for a ball park idea of size look to the WOTC AT-AT expansion and size that up a bit considering that Star Wars Miniatures was even smaller scale than Imperial Assault (as far as the minis went).

If they wanted this game to be about walkers then they would have made it in a smaller scale, but they didn't so most likely this game will be large scale squad combat, supposedly the armies will be 1000 points, and so far we know one squad of 4 Storm troopers is 44 points and that Vader is 200 points. Taking that in mind without upgrades your force will be Vader + 18 Storm Trooper squads for a total of 992 points. This in turn would mean 1 Vader mini and 72 Storm trooper miniatures, which assuming you get two full squads in the base set means you are going to spend $400 on just base troopers not counting the cost for paint and the like. I will note that this is just assuming we have a 1000 point scale, that was the rumor but I could be wrong on that point.

11 minutes ago, Animewarsdude said:

HAHAHA, no...just no there is no way that FFG will sell an in scale or even sliding scale AT-AT for Legion at $50. I bet you ten to one that this game will be priced similarly to Rune Wars, so expect that a squad of troopers will cost around $25 each. The cheapest an AT-AT might be in this game would be $100 and I would bet it would be a bit more than that, if ever done at all. With the scale of this game being 35mm an AT-AT would be huge, so for a ball park idea of size look to the WOTC AT-AT expansion and size that up a bit considering that Star Wars Miniatures was even smaller scale than Imperial Assault (as far as the minis went).

If they wanted this game to be about walkers then they would have made it in a smaller scale, but they didn't so most likely this game will be large scale squad combat, supposedly the armies will be 1000 points, and so far we know one squad of 4 Storm troopers is 44 points and that Vader is 200 points. Taking that in mind without upgrades your force will be Vader + 18 Storm Trooper squads for a total of 992 points. This in turn would mean 1 Vader mini and 72 Storm trooper miniatures, which assuming you get two full squads in the base set means you are going to spend $400 on just base troopers not counting the cost for paint and the like. I will note that this is just assuming we have a 1000 point scale, that was the rumor but I could be wrong on that point.

Guh. Stop sounding smart. You're ruining my happy walker place.

You can dig back through my posts to when X-Wing was announced and people declared there would never be a CR90.

Or the naysayers for the SSD in Armada which seems likely to me at this point.

I'm not saying that they can't add an AT-AT to this game, just that it would be very big, vertically and horizontally, and that means that it will likewise be expensive, easily $100+. From some of the pictures the AT-RT is around the size of a person's fist I think, probably more, but if an AT-ST is double that height or so then stuff gets a tad too big and unwieldy fast. But hey, if we get an AT-AT that is cool, I just wish the game was at a scale where I could do the battle of Hoth reasonably.

12 hours ago, Tirion said:

Or the naysayers for the SSD in Armada which seems likely to me at this point.

I'd love to have an SSD, problem is the size of the thing. If it was made to be small enough for the tabletop it would look stupid. If it was made big enough to not look stupid it wouldn't be useable on the tabletop. A SSD is over 10 times the size of an ISD. It's not a simple case of cutting the size in half either, it would still be too big. There are other Star Destroyers or Imperial craft that they can go with that won't be as silly as a SSD on the table.

That aside.

An AT-AT on a tabletop of minatures would work. Yes it would be large in comparison to the troops. Yes it would be OP in comparison to the troops. Snow speeders though. Those tow cables can bring them down. Also X-Wings etc.

40K has some VERY large walkers and flying vehicles as well. I would love to see SW:L go to those ends so we can basically have Battlefront on our tabletops.

All I'm saying is expect a sliding scale

23 hours ago, Manchu said:

You can dig back through my posts to when X-Wing was announced and people declared there would never be a CR90.

There basically wasn't. I've never seen one. No one plays them. They aren't used in anything. Sure, they can do an AT-AT for this, but it will never hit the table for anything more than an unofficial game...so what's the point.

The point of me buying a CR90 was, the Corellion Corvette is cool and iconic. The model itself is great. And in my mind at the time, and still in the back of my mind, is the notion of playing scenario-focused X-Wing. I have never been interested in competitive or even just pick-up X-Wing so the idea that a product needs to slot specifically into that part of its market doesn't convince me. X-Wing appeals to and is sold to a much wider market.

Edited by Manchu

I'd like to see original vehicles in this game or abandoned concepts. AT-ATs would make neat terrain/set pieces.

3 hours ago, kmanweiss said:

There basically wasn't. I've never seen one. No one plays them. They aren't used in anything. Sure, they can do an AT-AT for this, but it will never hit the table for anything more than an unofficial game...so what's the point.

Because not everyone plays "official games" all the time. :P Personally, I don't have the time or money to play X-Wing with all the other random stuff I do, but if I did , I'd prefer a more narrative or casual kind of game that might allow me to field a CR90 because I want to rather than an official game where a CR90 is either a bad idea or illegal. Tournament play is not the only rewarding way to play a game.