2017 Nationals Championships

By MajorJuggler, in X-Wing

Nice! Krayts are on fuego this tournament!

Chris is now 6-0

phildo was 3-1 last I saw his

and yes the krayts are killing it in this tournament

IMG_4296.JPG

Edited by Timathius

Ok. Who is pretending to be Chris Allen?

All of the Krayts training under the tutelage of the Sith Lord Eide is paying off handsomely it seems.

How many people attended overall? I'm not a fan of having 2 flight as it somehow reduce pairing randomness, but it seems the format to go in the USA, I suppose it suits you guys better for time reasons.

How many swiss round still to play tomorrow? What will be the cut?

Can we get a link to the stream if/ when it goes up? Thanks guys.

So I see that Nathan Eide ran Advanced Sensors on Corran instead of FCS. Can someone run me through that decision? I get that it would give him a more open dial since he would push off of the advanced sensors action and then clear the stress with a green to leave him unstressed for the next turn, but you're really sacrificing damage output when you give up FCS IMO.

3 minutes ago, OFCShawsome said:

So I see that Nathan Eide ran Advanced Sensors on Corran instead of FCS. Can someone run me through that decision? I get that it would give him a more open dial since he would push off of the advanced sensors action and then clear the stress with a green to leave him unstressed for the next turn, but you're really sacrificing damage output when you give up FCS IMO.

Considering Corran didn't shoot a single time in his stream game against Tyler Barnett, it looks like he has embraced the positioning and defensive benefits of advanced sensors in this meta. Corran is mostly bait, and will jump in for opportunistic shots when available, letting Nym's bombs and TLT do most of the work.

I noticed a player has 2 different range 3 range rulers. I don't blame him as it's something I have considered after realising the most recent ffg acrylics are slightly shorter.

It may not be much of an advantage but it is still something. How long do we think untill tournament rules state 1 set of range rulers per player?

Edit: don't know who it was

Edited by TgLoki
47 minutes ago, TgLoki said:

I noticed a player has 2 different range 3 range rulers. I don't blame him as it's something I have considered after realising the most recent ffg acrylics are slightly shorter.

It may not be much of an advantage but it is still something. How long do we think untill tournament rules state 1 set of range rulers per player?

Edit: don't know who it was

Were they acrylics? I know a bunch of people who win multiple and just bring them all cuz why not?

1 hour ago, Crit Happens said:

Considering Corran didn't shoot a single time in his stream game against Tyler Barnett, it looks like he has embraced the positioning and defensive benefits of advanced sensors in this meta. Corran is mostly bait, and will jump in for opportunistic shots when available, letting Nym's bombs and TLT do most of the work.

Is it really bait when Corran threatens bigger damage per turn if you don't go for him?

28 minutes ago, Tbetts94 said:

Were they acrylics? I know a bunch of people who win multiple and just bring them all cuz why not?

Yes they were. One was the most recent ffg store tournament ruler which is known to be slightly shorter.

1 hour ago, OFCShawsome said:

I've always preferred the adv sensors version. Corran is all about damage mitigation to compliment his regeneration. Being able to perform 2 actions then bump allows the benefits of full mods, with the bonus that the ship you bump isn't shooting you.

The FCS is great for Corran's pilot ability, but it also useless on turns where he can't shoot. Adv sensors is always valuable, and can be used on the off turn to set up a TL anyway.

Advanced Sensors is extremely powerful on both offense and defense. It basically lets you avoid damage you otherwise could not regardless of dial selection and previous round set up. Same is true for getting attacks from angles that would otherwise be impossible. Its basically a BB8/Cloak card all in one that lets you fly over rocks and still take actions. Its probably my favorite card in the game. With the advent of the new Star Viper barrel roll...I think were going to see it just about everywhere.

I use it a ton on U-Wings to turn them into "premovement" boost large base Tie Strikers with X-Wing Stats, 1 sloops, 1k, and 5/5 hull/shield. It completely transforms Rage Keyan.....

It lets you do stuff with Whisper I probably shouldnt be doing but turns Whisper into a block and shoot ship...

And of course it does very very evil things in combination with Action bombs....

2 hours ago, OFCShawsome said:

Edited by Boom Owl

Adv sensors is almost always the right choice on Corran for top level players. With engine, it is always the right choice.

30 minutes ago, Kdubb said:

Adv sensors is almost always the right choice on Corran for top level players. With engine, it is always the right choice.

I tried AS on Corran after being inspired by Ailowynn's batrep (sorry if I wrote it wrong), but while it was AWESOME against lower PS enemies, it didn't hit too hard. Also, Nathan has been using FCS on Corran for a looong time, instead of AS. I was actually surprised seing AS on Nathan's Corran.

Any photos of current standings available?

1 hour ago, TgLoki said:

Yes they were. One was the most recent ffg store tournament ruler which is known to be slightly shorter.

I've measured mine before and they're fine, FFG also hasn't released what the exact measurements are supposed to be. I wouldn't look to much into it. People just wanna bring their swag.

6 minutes ago, sozin said:

Any photos of current standings available?

I have last round's thanks to a local who is still top 16, but probably won't make top 8 :(

20901376_10154961627673129_4855557129518421692_o.jpg

1 hour ago, Polaritie said:

Is it really bait when Corran threatens bigger damage per turn if you don't go for him?

That's exactly what makes him bait... You MUST go after him, otherwise he's behind you, shooting twice.

And the ranking after swiss:

top16.jpg

do we have access to any squad lists yet??

Anyone know how many players there were in Flight 1 and Flight 2?

1 hour ago, Boom Owl said:

Advanced Sensors is extremely powerful on both offense and defense. It basically lets you avoid damage you otherwise could not regardless of dial selection and previous round set up. Same is true for getting attacks from angles that would otherwise be impossible. Its basically a BB8/Cloak card all in one that lets you fly over rocks and still take actions. Its probably my favorite card in the game. With the advent of the new Star Viper barrel roll...I think were going to see it just about everywhere.

I use it a ton on U-Wings to turn them into "premovement" boost large base Tie Strikers with X-Wing Stats, 1 sloops, 1k, and 5/5 hull/shield. It completely transforms Rage Keyan.....

It lets you do stuff with Whisper I probably shouldnt be doing but turns Whisper into a block and shoot ship...

And of course it does very very evil things in combination with Action bombs....

Wait, what ? What's your build for her?

1 hour ago, MajorJuggler said:

Anyone know how many players there were in Flight 1 and Flight 2?

My math says about 235 on day one, just below 240 in day 2.

Edited by balindamood