FFG, make a store locator already...

By Billrye, in Android: Netrunner Organized Play

I love playing android netrunner, I want to support it but I am always traveling the country for work and its very difficult to find stores that support the game I feel like its not alot to ask for a store locator that support FFG products, Wiz of the coast does this but I do not like the chase so that is why I quit MTG I cant be the only one in the community that has requested this so why hasnt this been done or rather why should it not be done?

You're better off asking on Reddit or on Facebook's Netrunner Dorks group for local players wherever you'll happen to be.

In my experience, whenever someone says "It's not a lot to ask," much of the time it really is. There would be a pretty significant amount of overhead in building such a tool and keeping it updated, and while WOTC does it, MtG is a whole other thing in terms of scale. Much of what that company/game does simply doesn't scale down to the level where LCGs are.

They already post stores for championships, I dont think its much to ask to post a list of states with stores within those states that support ffg brand what im suggesting literally will help all of ffg brand games grow because a large portion of players that get tired of the mtg chase turn to netrunner destiny or got, and its painful to invest in a game you like when you are unable to play against people in the community face to face.

I surely understand the value of it, but the lists of regionals and store championships come from stores that register themselves for a single event. They then publish that list, it's one-and-done. That's a far cry from standing up and maintaining an interactive database.

I've already told you your best bets for reaching out and making contact with other players. Make a post to say "I'm going to be in {city} on {date}, any Netrunner players I could meet up with?" It'll help you a lot more than complaining on forums that the company doesn't read.

Thats the problem if the company doesnt care why should we, I've surfed reddit and google **** ive even used mtg store locator to find hobby shops and asked them to if they support star wars destiny or android netrunner from east to west coast the only store I found that actively supported netrunner was team covenant and that was because I was already subscribed to the youtube channel they have up, Its not even ******* its asking why they cant post the names of stores they distribute to they should have access to that its not alot to ask for considering from my experience only afew stores in the states actively support android netrunner.

They don't sell directly to stores for the most part, they sell to distributors. And whether or not a store sells the product doesn't say much about whether there's an active play group out of that store.

And, I'll repeat because it looks like you missed it: Nobody from FFG reads these forums. The only people who'll see this are the bare handful of people who come here. These forums are suuuuuper dead.

You're better off asking on Reddit (r/Netrunner) or on Facebook's Netrunner Dorks group for local players wherever you'll happen to be. Also check out Stimhack.com.

Again I know that, just saying it would be a nice quality of life thing to have ah whelp what can yeah do.

I agree, Bill.

Its hard to find players in real life.

On 8/10/2017 at 6:43 PM, Billrye said:

I love playing android netrunner, I want to support it but I am always traveling the country for work and its very difficult to find stores that support the game I feel like its not alot to ask for a store locator that support FFG products, Wiz of the coast does this but I do not like the chase so that is why I quit MTG I cant be the only one in the community that has requested this so why hasnt this been done or rather why should it not be done?

Why hasn't this been done? It hasn't been done because it would be super difficult for FFG to know which stores have an actual Netrunner gaming community. The core issue is that FFG sells to distributors and not typically to stores. They have no idea which stores are buying/selling Netrunner, much less which stores have a regular, in-store gaming community. The easiest way to get this info is probably to have stores self report. That doesn't tend to give very good results.

MtG isn't a good comparison. Netrunner has a TINY market share when compared to Magic. Pretty much every store that sells Magic cards and has a couple of tables will have a regular, in-store gaming community. It's sufficient to just google game stores in a given area and make a phone call or two and you'll be playing Magic with strangers within the week.

Yeah, as someone who is a bit opposed to having a Facebook, I agree. I'm on reddit but having a very hard time finding events in SoCal where I recently moved. I've seen a couple links to netrunner dorks and socal netrunners on FB but I really don't want to use that site to figure out where I can find some OP down here.

Have you tried Stimhack?