Noob question about angry mob

By player2160094, in Mansions of Madness

Hi,

We've played the Escape from Innsmouth scenario (love it) and had a discussion about the movement of the angry mob /riot. Hope you can help us solving this one:

Can a mob move INTO the hotel/building? Or do they stay on the streets?

Cheers!

6 hours ago, player2160094 said:

Hi,

We've played the Escape from Innsmouth scenario (love it) and had a discussion about the movement of the angry mob /riot. Hope you can help us solving this one:

Can a mob move INTO the hotel/building? Or do they stay on the streets?

Cheers!

If I recall correctly, the app specifically says where the mob moves to. If the app doesn't say, it doesn't move. And if I also remember correctly, it always stays on the streets.

it spawns a smaller mob at one point, that mob can enter buildings and will move as the app says

Edited by neosmagus
1 hour ago, neosmagus said:

If I recall correctly, the app specifically says where the mob moves to. If the app doesn't say, it doesn't move. And if I also remember correctly, it always stays on the streets.

it spawns a smaller mob at one point, that mob can enter buildings and will move as the app says

Played it last saturday for the second time, above information is correct :)

Yup they circle the block and toss things in.

Awesome! Thanks for the quick replies. Next try will be a little less difficult with this rule ;)

I have also seen the Riot move around the building both clockwise and counterclockwise directions.

2 hours ago, Husker949 said:

I have also seen the Riot move around the building both clockwise and counterclockwise directions.

Yep, this is one of the main variations in the scenario

We played the game yesterday and at one point we were instructed to move the mob in the the direction of the closest player (as any other monster) and we moved them into the building.

Daniel

2 hours ago, player564393 said:

We played the game yesterday and at one point we were instructed to move the mob in the the direction of the closest player (as any other monster) and we moved them into the building.

Daniel

Huh... We've done that scenario 4 times, and I've never seen it move into a building.

3 hours ago, player564393 said:

Daniel

Are you sure it specified the mob? There's at least one occasion a riot breaks off from the mob and moves towards the players...

We have had regular mobs break of from the Innsmouth mob and move like a normal monster, but I don't think the scenario-specific Innsmouth Mob will move in any way other can circling round the alleys and so on. If it moved like a monster even once, it would get really odd later on in the scenario...

There are two (mob groups),

The first Group appears at the start of the game, this is the INSMOUTH MOB. Its not a (Riot, Monster) Its its own thing with like 70 health. It only travels on the outside of the map. It always move two space. Tha app always tells you what tile it is moving to.

Later in the Scenario, A portion of the mob breaks off.. THIS IS A RIOT MONSTER. This one will be denoted with a marker symbol, usually red. THis one bhaves just like a monster with instructions to move towards investigators. IT IS very important not to confuse the RIOT and the INSMOUTH MOB.

3 hours ago, Atraangelis said:

There are two (mob groups),

The first Group appears at the start of the game, this is the INSMOUTH MOB. Its not a (Riot, Monster) Its its own thing with like 70 health. It only travels on the outside of the map. It always move two space. Tha app always tells you what tile it is moving to.

Later in the Scenario, A portion of the mob breaks off.. THIS IS A RIOT MONSTER. This one will be denoted with a marker symbol, usually red. THis one bhaves just like a monster with instructions to move towards investigators. IT IS very important not to confuse the RIOT and the INSMOUTH MOB.

Good catch.

Hi everyone,

I have a similar question: I was playing the "Dearly Departed" map and the app spawned an angry mob; in every Mythos Phase the app kept saying "the mob moves towards the closest detective", but didn't specified if the detective had to be inside or outside. What should I do in that case? If the closest detective is inside a building, does the mob move towards him/her?

Thanks for the help!

Edited by Cthulhu80
1 hour ago, Cthulhu80 said:

Hi everyone,

I have a similar question: I was playing the "Dearly Departed" map and the app spawned an angry mob; in every Mythos Phase the app kept saying "the mob moves towards the closest detective", but didn't specified if the detective had to be inside or outside. What should I do in that case? If the closest detective is inside a building, does the mob move towards him/her?

Thanks for the help!

There is nothing in the rules specifying that the mob cannot move into an indoor space.

So the answer to your question is Yes - the mob would move into the building.