Talisman Returning For Christmas

By StartMeWithTalisman, in Talisman

GW made an announcement last week that the game will be released this Christmas:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/07/24/talisman-returns-for-christmas/

Talisman is back! Get ready to return to a world of magic, monsters and heroism and write your own story in this classic board game, out in bookstores and hobby shops across the world this Christmas.

Talisman pits 2-6 players against one another in an epic quest for the Crown of Command, travelling through mysterious lands and magical realms in pursuit of knowledge, power, and of course, a powerful talisman of their own. With hundreds of adventures and a range of expansions, no two journeys through the lands of Talisman need be the same; venture into distant lands and meet mysterious travellers – only the very strongest will pass through the Portal of Power.

Talisman will be releasing soon, alongside six expansions with new realms to explore, new enemies to battle and new power to unlock; dive into the depths of The City or brave the lair of The Dragon. However you want your adventure to be, you’ll be able to start it very soon – Talisman will be out in time for Christmas this year.

Although other sources indicate that it will be out by October/November: http://www.toynews-online.biz/news/read/coiledspring-to-distribute-games-workshop-s-talisman-the-magical-quest-game/048937

http://www.talismanisland.com/?p=8165

Edited by StartMeWithTalisman

So it will be no new edition, but a reprint of the ffg 4rth revised edition. well, better then an age of sigmar, i would say.

to be honest, I would be happier if they continued with anything compatible with 4th Edition as we invested a lot in it already.

But there would be one thing I would be willing to start over for whatever cost: New Combat system.

I love Talisman and the expansions are great but rolling one of two D6 and comparing the numbers feels too much old shool. Maybe just some custom combat dice would make the difference.. or something

Any idea yet on if the pricing will be the same, hope this isn't an excuse for it to get jacked up

do you think they are going to come up with completely new expansions or re-print all old ones first?

The six announced will come first, then apparently it won't be long before the others are reprinted.

As for new expansions, only GW knows...

Edited by talismanisland

Jon, ask them really nicely to professionally print the lost realms. it was predominantly your baby and would be great if it was officially recognised, though I consider it an official expansion.

Heh. It'd be cool, wouldn't it? :)

I think there'd be a number of issues preventing it, but they could probably do something similar.

Nomad Games told me that they believe its a reprint with no new rules so they don't have to make changes to the digital version also.

I discovered another serious issue. The quote made here:

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2017/02/games-workshop-talisman-getting-new-edition.html

and other locations states:

We are delighted to announce that this classic and much loved game will be getting a new edition, with an expected release later this year. At the moment, we don’t have much info on what that release will look like or an exact date for you, but we’re sure it will be a great new edition of an already excellent game.

But when you go to the original source it does NOT state that. Instead it states this:

We are delighted to announce that this classic and much loved game will be returning soon. At the moment, we don’t have any more info on the release date, but we’ll let you know as and when we learn more.

So stay tuned.

I think Games Workshop changed their statement removing the idea of " At the moment, we don’t have much info on what that release will look like ", as we know a straight reprint will make certain what it will look like. Thus if the original statement was made which is quoted in many places, Games Workshop let the community believe there was something new. Or they had plans for something new and changed their mind. And the media outlets have not printed the change. Shame on them.

Edited by DomaGB

So it's a reprint, not all bad. Hopefully that could mean new future expansions. Selfishly I'm glad as it gives me chance to get the dragon at a reasonable price, then my set is complete. I'm sure there will be a fifth edition in the future, the game has a long history and is regularly rediscovered by new generations.