New Arkham Investigations site

By nephster, in Fan Creations

As some of you may recall, I was pilot testing a new version of the Arkham Investigations site.

Well, I've "flipped the switch" and all traffic to the old site is now directing to the new site:

http://arkhaminvestigations.barkingdoginteractive.com

I guess Thelric and I are on the same web site update schedule - heh.

The new site has pretty much the same functionality as the old site, but now allows visitors to comment on different casebooks, and you can subscribe to a feed for new casebook action.

Enjoy.

This system looks awesome. I am having a week off to play Arkham next week and I will definitely give AI a spin.

I love getting more story into games...

I am a bit worried I wont be able to make some of the cases work though because they are Strange Eon files and I can seem to make that programme run on my mac no matter what i do. Are the pdfs of these files somewhere too? Does anyone know?

I recommend you try Cthulhu: Dread Sleeper of R’Lyeh, we gave it a go as a three man team two weeks ago and were very much impressed and delighted by both the writing and the plot. Hands down the best game of Arkham Horror I played so far.

Another thing I can say after putting the effort into printing the board and all the cards for The Haunting case (got really excited after the first one went so well) is that you'd best avoid that case investigation for now, version 1.1 needs some more work put into it ( it's got references to cards to do not exist, vignette events looping or referring you to the wrong continuation, text on cards ending up too small). Which is a real shame since a lot of the ideas there were really good (like the newspaper articles and the extra board) and it's obvious that a lot of work did go into it, however, the final touches and the extra bit of thought as to how the thing will actually be played were sorely missing.

The Arkham Investigations are a fantastic idea and I can't wait to see and play more of these investigations.

Thanks for the recommendation i try Cthulu first then.

I have to ask, is anyone actually taking care of the Arkham Investigations website?

Are there plans to expand it? Are people writing more cases? Does anyone even check their work?

It just seems like such a great idea and it's so frustrating to try and play unfinished or unchecked cases/expansions.

I'm honestly surprised this thing doesn't have more momentum.

I don't mean to sound too critical but this is very frustrating for me.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: any information about Arkham Investigations would be appreciated.

And a debate or an explanation would be awesome as well.

I just learned about this site, and it's down (a database error of some sort.. =( )

I hope this isn't permanent..

- Gio

Fixed! Yay!

- Gio

I took a look at the site, and downloaded and printed the Cthulhu case. I have yet to play it but I've heard good things about it and would love to see this site take off. I'd also be willing to contribute to writing for a new case if anyone had any ideas. I've recently been reading Lovecraft's works and will probably buy more soon. Any news on the status of the site, pertaining to new cases and what not.

Yes ! please do write a new book case ! Nothing fits better my arkhamy taste than book cases.

For those who read french I wrote a brand new one that I may translate into english one of these days... :o ) here it is: http://wiki.horreuraarkham.fr/index.php?title=La_Page_des_Créations Two "new ones" are to come (one from BukarooB and one from me and a friend)

Hey!

Is Neph still present at this forum? I wrote him a message at BGG but sadly I got no answer. I have some questions regarding the AI rules.

Amikezor: Please translate your casebook into english! I'd definetly like to play that. I'm writing one myself also, I'll translate it into english once we played and tested it through.

I don't think Nephilim is still looking at the forum. Though you can contact him through his site. Yes, I will translate the book case one day or the other. Great. I am glad that some new book case will be released.