Star Wars: X-Wing Heroes of Scarif Expansion

By drail14me, in The Crystal Ball and The Wishing Well

How about a "Heroes of Scarif Expansion Pack"? A Blue Squadron X-Wing and Y-Wing with new pilots. Would be nice to have some Y-wing's with EPTs and maybe a INCOM Refit for the X-Wing and Y-Wing to bring them back into the competitive scene.

To be honest, pairing it up into a Correllian Conflict analogue would work nicely;

• You can't realistically expect a box with an X-wing and Y-wing and TIE Striker short of a core set, and if there was going to be a Rogue One core set we'd have seen it by now.
  • FFG doesn't release just 'card packs' but wants other things to make the product sufficiently 'valuable'.
  • Correllian Conflict threw in a campaign (with campaign aid materials) as well as scenarios, terrain, and so on, as well as 'pilots' (in this case unique squadrons.
  • A similar box could have new pilots and upgrades, but also missions, terrain for said missions (ideally useable in normal games), and similar things to 'bulk out' the box.

A Campaign Box would be just what X-Wing needs at this moment. I would love to see something in the lines of Imperial Assault, but HotAC (PvE) or the Corellian Conflict (PvP) are all valid formats.

Suggested themes:

Battle of Scarif campaign - with the ships that appeared in the Rogue One movie.

• Blue Squadron X-Wing pilots, X-Wing title
  • Elite Y-Wing pilots
  • Some U-Wing cards (K-2SO pilot and crew, maybe door gunners) - but no need for a miniature.
  • TIE Striker pilots and modification that adds bomb slot.
  • TIE Bomber pilots (and maybe a TIE/sa title that buffs bombs?)
  • TIE Fighter pilots

"Retribution" campaign - Partisans vs. Inferno Squad (based on the book Battlefront II Inferno Squad and the videogame)

• Partisan X-Wing and Partisan U-Wing, with Saw Guerrera, Two Tubes and others as pilots and crew.
  • Inferno Squad TIE Fighters and TIE Interceptors, with Iden Verso, Gideon Hask and others as pilots and crew (modification that gives missiles to TIE Fighter and TIE Interceptor and maybe Corvus title for the Raider?).

Here is a "Rebel Veterans" custom expansion I made:

On 03/02/2017 at 11:19 AM, Odanan said:

Rebel Veterans - A Rogue One expansion.

x_wing_miniatures___x_wing_ace_pilots_by

x_wing_miniatures___y_wing_ace_pilots_by

x_wing_miniatures___custom_upgrades_by_o

Edited by Odanan

Maybe this will be the mystery Force Friday item!!

On 26/08/2017 at 4:20 PM, drail14me said:

Maybe this will be the mystery Force Friday item!!

Hopefully!

Excited about Saw’s expansion! Hope you’ll further the Rogue One ships with a Heroes of Scarif pack. Blue Squadron X-Wing with new pilots and a Y-Wing with an EPT fix and new Pilots!