New Scenario - Game of Thrones Season 7

By Volbound1700, in A Game of Thrones: The Board Game

I have created a scenario that takes place right before the sea battle in Season 7, Episode 2. Here certain factions are faction cards are changed to represent the climate up to this point. (i.e. House Baratheon is now House Targaryen). I had a hard time completing all of the character cards from certain factions so I got some obscure names or in the case of the Greyjoys, even called some of the cards simply "Greyjoy Raider." I cited the removal of any character cards for dead characters.

The game starts out with an interesting diplomatic situation that pits House Targaryen, House Martell, and House Tyrell against House Lannister and House Greyjoy (lead by Euron). House Stark is neutral.

Several Major rule changes include:

1. New White Walker rule set that replaces the Wildlings. White Walkers can attack and take territory. Several factions have an objective to defeat the White Walkers

2. Dragon Unit for House Targaryen

3. Unique Major and Minor Victory rules for each faction. Rules allow for more than one victors but only one Major victor

4. Unique board setup

Please checkout the Excel File and let me know your thoughts. Be sure to read each tab.

GOT 7 Scenario.xlsx

One optional rule that I failed to list in it is this one minor rule change: If you are planning without the Tides of Battle Option is that you could require a player to suffer at least one casualty every time they are defeated. This would make it easier to eliminate a House from the game as required in the objectives.

Link for the .xlsx isnt working!

Hmmm worked fine for me when I just tried. I will attach again.

GOT 7 Scenario.xlsx

It sound very cool Volbound!

I canĀ“ t download the archive too... :mellow:

Andy advice on how to get it to work? I have attached it to the file, I will try copying and pasting each page.

Game of Thrones: Third Edition
Season 7 Alternative Setup
Original Faction/Character Card New Faction/Character Card Map Setup
Baratheon Targayaren Location Forces
Robert Drogon Dragonstone 2 Knights, 1 Footman, 1 Fleet, 1 Dragon*
Stannis Tyrion Lannister ShipBreaker Bay 1 Fleet
Renly Daenerys
Davos Varys
Salladhor Saan Yara Greyjoy
Brienne of Tarth Grey Worm
Melisandre Missandei
Lannister Lannister (Cersei) Location Forces
Tywin Lannister Jaime Lannister King's Landing* 1 Footman, 1 Gar *For this scenario, King's Landing is the Lannister Faction Capital and not Lannisport
Jaime Lannister Qyburn Blackwater Bay 1 Fleet
Gregor Clegane Same Seaguard 1 Footman
Sandor Clegane Bronn Riverrun 1 Footman
Kevan Lannister Lord Lefford Lannisport 1 Knight
Tyrion Lannister Cersei Lannister Harrenhall 1 Influence Token
Cersei Lannister Amory Lorch
Stark Stark (Jon Snoe) Location Forces
Eddard Jon Snoe Winterfell 1 Footman, 1 Gar
Robb Davos Seaworth White Harbor 1 Footman
Wyman Manderly Wyman Manderly Castle Black 1 Footman
Roose Bolton Arya The Stoney Shore 1 Influence Token
Rodrick Cassel Brienne Tarth
Greatjon Umber Lyanna Mormont
Kathryn Sansa
Greyjoy Greyjoy (Euron) Location Forces
Euron Same Pyke 1 Footman, 1 Gar
Victarion Same Storm's End 1 Footman, 2 Fleets
Aeron Greyjoy Same
Balon Rodrik Harlow
Dagmer Cleftjaw Greyjoy Captain
Theon Same
Asha Greyjoy Raider
Tyrell Tyrell Location Forces
Mace Tyrell Willas Tyrell Highgarden 1 Knight, 1 Gar
Loras Tyrell Randyll Tarley The Reach 1 Footman
Garlan Tyrell Same Old Town Influence Token
Randyll Dickon Taryley
Paxter Redwine Same
Olenna Olenna
Margaery Alerie Tyrell
Martell Martell Location Forces Note
Oberyn Martell Archibald Yronwood SunSpear 1 Footman, 1 Gar
Areo Hotah Gerris Drinkwater ShipBreaker Bay 2 Footmen* Located in Targaryen Fleet
Arianne Martell Same Yronwood 1 Footman
Nymeria Sand Same
Obara Sand Same
Tyene Sand Same
Doran Martell Ellaria Sand
Neutral
Location Forces
The Eyrie Neutral Unit per Standard 6 player game
Starting Positions
Track 1 2 3 4 5 6
Iron Throne Lannister Greyjoy Targaryen Tyrell Martell Stark
Fiefdom Targaryen Stark Greyjoy Lannister Tyrell Martell
King's Court Targaryen Lannister Tyrell Martell Stark Greyjoy
Faction Lannister Targaryen Stark Greyjoy Tyrell Martell
Supply 4 3* 2 1 2 1
Note: Targaryen start at a +2 supply but they will lose it after the first turn if the supply track is required to be adjusted under normal game rules
Faction Major Victory Minor Victory Allies
Targaryen All Factions Submit, Lannisters are wiped out, White Army is defeated All Factions Submit House Martell (Submitted)
House Tyrell (Submitted)
Lannister All Factions Submit, Targaryen Faction is wiped out, Tyrell Faction is wiped out, White Army is defeated All Factions Submit House Greyjoy (Allied)
Stark White Army is defeated and the Starks have not submitted to any player Stark faction survives and White Army is defeated None
Greyjoy Targaryen Faction is wiped out, Stark Faction is wiped out, and Greyjoy have not submitted to any player Targayen Faction is wiped out and Lannisters force everyone to submit House Lannister (Allied)
Tyrell Lannister Faction is wiped out, Tyrell forces all factions to submit Lannister Faction is wiped out and Targaryen force everyone to submit House Targaryen (Vassal)
House Martell (Allied)
Martell Lannister Faction is wiped out, Tyrell Faction is wiped out Lannister Faction is wiped out and Targaryen force everyone to submit House Targaryen (Vassal)
House Tyrell (Allied)
To explain further the diplomatic state, House Tyrell and House Martell start out submitted (bent the knee) to Daenerys and the Targaryen Faction.
Whether you want to play with the 10 turn, 7 caste rule is optional. Scenario is intended to run until one of the Major objectives is completed by any of the factions (which might trigger minor victories as well).
Instructions:
Starting on the second turn, the player is required to draw a card from the Wildling cards.

Reaction to Cards

If Wilding Victory says Nothing, take no action and move the Wilding Marker Up

If Wilding Victory states any action, the player reviews the Wilding Marker and attacks any adjacent areas at a 1+Wilding Marker rate.

An example, on the second turn, if the Wilding Attack is drawn and has an action, Castle Black is attacked at 1+the Wilding Marker. Let's assume there is no unit in Castle Black, it is taken. On the following turn, let's assume Wilding Attack is rolled again, this time combat is issued against both Karhold and Winterfell. Each area is attacked at a 1+the Wildings Marker.
If Wilding Track reaches 10, it resets.
Factions can use Hero cards and bonuses to match the White Walker attacks. Influence points can also be spent by any Faction to give a +1 defense to any region under attack.
Defeating the White Walkers
Players are allowed to attack lands conquered by the White Walkers. The White Walkers defend at a 1+the Wilding Marker.
If anytime after the sixth turn, the White Walkers possess no lands, a player may launch an attack north of the wall. The battle will be handled similar to attack any White Walker land as mentioned on the row above. Should the player win the battle, the White Walkers are defeated and no more Wilding Cards need to be drawned.
Piece will need to be created to identify lands conquered by White Walkers. I used a piece from Small World (a coin could work)
Edited by Volbound1700
The Dragon or Dragon(s) Unit cannot be build and only one exists.
The Unit has a 4 attack and 2 defense. It can move and attack on both water and land but is only allowed to move once per turn similar to other units.
The Dragon Unit does not count towards the supply track.
The Dragon Unit cannot be used to gain influence in a region unless a ground force is present. However it can gather influence through a raid.
Since it does not count towards the supply track, the Dragon Unit can only be killed in battle.
Piece will need to be created or substituted to represent this unit. I used a piece from SmallWorld

Rules for 3-5 players

3 Players:

One person takes House Stark
One person controls both House Lannister and Greyjoy
One person controls House Targaryen and their two allies: Tyrell and Martell
Turn order remains the same (it should play like Axis and Allies when players control multiple nations)

4 Players:

One person takes House Stark

One person takes Lannisters and Greyjoy

One person takes Targaryen and Martell

One person takes Tyrell

5 Players:

One person takes Stark

One person takes Lannisters

One person takes Greyjoy

One person takes Targaryen and Martell

One person takes Tyrell

Victory conditions stay the same for each faction, however when playing multiple factions, the Targaryen and Lannister victory conditions apply only (i.e. Martell condition is not played for 5 players, they support Targaryen in earning their victory condition. Same is true for Greyjoys when controlled by Lannisters and Tyrel when controlled by Targaryen)

Feel free to email me at [email protected] if you want me to email the excel spreadsheet

Several people have email me requests. Have you received the excel sheet? Any thought on the scenario.

By the way, I am attaching the Excel Spreadsheet again in case it works.

GOT 7 Scenario.xlsx

It sound very cool Volbound!
Nox Happy Wheels VLC

Edited by toucherts

I sort of want the North to be an expanded game which makes the wildlings their own faction, the night's watch is a neutral faction that can be enlisted by other houses, and it focus on the struggle for winterfell after the Red wedding with all the northern vassal houses competing for Winterfell, you got Houses Carstark, Mormont, Glover, Bolton, Umbar, and the Wildlings. The wildling card will be replaced by the White Walkers which attacks both wildlings and the Night's watch. Winterfell as well as many other major keeps will be held by the Ironborn of House Greyjoy as another neutral mechanic just to hold the north until the vassals regain enough strength to take it back.