Luminen attacks

By Sigma Tau, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

Hello,

I have a simple question to ask:

Are luminen attacks (luminen shock, luminen surge, luminen flare and luminen shock) considered standard attacks?

Can I use Swift Attack or dual wield on them?

Thank you and forgive my barbaric english!

Edited by Sigma Tau

We have this discussion some time ago, there is the link:

Edited by Jargal

Thanks Jargal, but are you sure we can use this rules in the 1st edition?

The point Is: if the luminen attacks are standard action I think you could apply dual wield, swift Attack, lightning Attack, ecc.

If they are not standard Attacks I think you can use them and a single standard Attack in the same round.

Am I wrong?

Edited by Sigma Tau

Well, I wouldn't use DH2 rules in DH1, but it looks like FFG think another way.

In my games Luminen actions are attacks, but not ranged or melee attacks, so you can't use talents like Swift Attack or Dual Shot or Hip Shooting etc - and you can't make Luminen attack and attack with weapon in the same turn. The same situation as in the case of Psychic Powers.

Tech Priest is already a very powerful class.

Edited by Jargal

Never read DH2 and i don't think you Can mix It with DH1... But, as you Say, FFG think another way...

Tech Priest Is the most balanced class IMHO, but some rules are unclear (medicae and macchine traits forse example...)

I don't have any problems with Tech Priests in my games, but it's a fact that you can build almost unstoppable killing machine from two classes: Tech Priest and Psyker. After "The Lathe Worlds" Tech Priest received a power boost comparable with what others received in Ascension.

The Lathe Worlds is really usefull: nice talents, nice abilities (logis prophecing Is broken in the right hands!), nice armoury and careers.

I have a magos militum with a joyfull multilaser integrated on his shoulder, a pair of alatus wings and a enhanced potentia coil *.*

My GM ask this question: how you Can heal a tech Priest with the flesh Is weak trait? Does medicae works on a machine?

"How difficult it is to attach a bionic or implant is up to the GM. He may decide that given enough time, and in an advanced enough facility, it is automatic, or he may call on the doctor to make a series of Medicae or even Tech-Use Tests that could lead to such things as permanent crippling or Blood Loss" - Attaching Bionics, Corebook, p.153. So, I think, you'll need both Medicae and Tech-Use to heal someone with Machine trait, because even cyber-resurrected character retains some biological components.

Is not a problem for a Magos: tech Lore mastery provides both medicae and tech use. (y)

Ah, you play Ascension. Then it's already too late to worry about balance/disbalance :-)

3 minutes ago, Jargal said:

Ah, you play Ascension. Then it's already too late to worry about balance/disbalance :-)

Balance Is an heretic idea for a true servant of the Omnissiah!

23 minutes ago, Sigma Tau said:

Balance Is an heretic idea for a true servant of the Omnissiah!

Depends of the definition of the "balance". The Fifteenth Universal Law of Omnissiah says: "Flesh is fallible, but ritual honours the machine spirit" - and this is the perfect example of the balance for me ;)

Edited by Jargal

"To break with Rituale Is to break with Faith."

We have to follows the rules, my dear! We are cogs of a Holy Mechanism!

"Understanding is the True Path to Comprehension" - and faith too easily turns into a blind faith without understanding. For the memory of Arch-Magos Paracelsus Thule, for the Explorators!