Unused missions

By JasonRed3, in Star Wars: Rebellion

If I assign a leader to a mission, but decide not to attempt the mission, does the mission return to my hand or is it discarded? (if it's not a starting mission)

J

Returns to hand. As Rebels, I sometimes leave someone (often Obi-Wan) sitting on a rescue mission so I can immediately rescue before Empire gets an opportunity to Homing Beacon/Lure/Interogation Droid/Carbonite.

Obi-Wan is particularly good for this since he can counter "It is your Destiny" with "Noble Sacrifice".

Edited by Uglymug

For Noble Sacrifice, the hero just stays for one more turn, right?

I do not think Obi-wan stays for one more turn after Noble Sacrifice, and yes, assigning missions and choosing not to resolve them to keep the mission card for later can be very useful sometimes...

On 7/16/2017 at 2:04 PM, JasonRed3 said:

For Noble Sacrifice, the hero just stays for one more turn, right?

When a rescue happens the leader performing the rescue may return to the rebel base space and the rescued leader must return to the rebel base space. Noble Sacrifice takes away the option of the rescuing leader to return to the base.

Right, but for how long? It should specify... because the way it reads right now, they are just stuck there for another turn, not indefinitely.

22 minutes ago, JasonRed3 said:

Right, but for how long? It should specify... because the way it reads right now, they are just stuck there for another turn, not indefinitely.

They would be collected at the beginning of the refresh phase. Unless you are talking about Obi-Wan using "Noble Sacrifice," then he is dead. Remove him from the board immediately do not return him to your leader pool. He is gone.

Sounds good. So "For the Greater Good" makes him (or anyone) stick around for an extra turn, daring the opponent to capture them... but of course if they do capture Obi-Wan, you can "NS" him for the point.

Good.

Edited by JasonRed3
On 7/23/2017 at 11:41 AM, JasonRed3 said:

The only thing in game that keeps you from pulling leaders back into the leader pool at the end of a round is the captured leader ring and the detained mission.