Dawn of Rebellion Sourcebook

By Blackbird888, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

1 hour ago, Eoen said:

It's called Kanan's Farsight it's unique to him, I assume a hand waive could make it fit a blind PC no problem.

You mean like Warde's Foresight and Jerserra's Influence ? Two unique versions of regular powers that players can learn through an adventure campaign?

I'm getting my copy monday, im excited ^^

17 hours ago, Nytwyng said:

Anyone else notice that the "Inquisitorius Lightsabers" sidebar on page 67 allows turning the spinnysabers into coptersabers?

Shhhhhhhhhhhh

1 minute ago, Dayham said:

Shhhhhhhhhhhh

But it was so much fun making my son shout, "NOPE!" and run off to his room. :lol:

10 hours ago, GroggyGolem said:

You mean like Warde's Foresight and Jerserra's Influence ? Two unique versions of regular powers that players can learn through an adventure campaign?

Yeah buts it's not as fleshed out as those powers, and won't ever be after last week.

Got my copy, spent all last night reading it. Looks great!

I'm playing a character who uses a single blaster, and it's early enough in the campaign that the GM will let me change character creation decisions. Assuming the cost and long order fulfillment time of the H-7 "Equalizer" blaster pistol from Suns of Fortune aren't issues, is there a mechanical or narrative reason to go with the PB08 heavy blaster pistol? If so, I'll plan on picking up the book before some of the others on my wish list.

4 hours ago, Thaliak said:

I'm playing a character who uses a single blaster, and it's early enough in the campaign that the GM will let me change character creation decisions. Assuming the cost and long order fulfillment time of the H-7 "Equalizer" blaster pistol from Suns of Fortune aren't issues, is there a mechanical or narrative reason to go with the PB08 heavy blaster pistol? If so, I'll plan on picking up the book before some of the others on my wish list.

The main perk of the PB08 is that Despairs can't be spent to make it run out of ammo, effectively giving it the benefit of the Spare Clip talent.

Just now, Donovan Morningfire said:

The main perk of the PB08 is that Despairs can't be spent to make it run out of ammo, effectively giving it the benefit of the Spare Clip talent.

Thanks. To be honest, I don't know if I want to restrict the GM's options to that degree. Running out of ammo might be frustrating, and it's not exactly exciting, but it's a good default choice when nothing else comes to mind.

12 hours ago, Thaliak said:

Thanks. To be honest, I don't know if I want to restrict the GM's options to that degree. Running out of ammo might be frustrating, and it's not exactly exciting, but it's a good default choice when nothing else comes to mind.

Sorry, but if the only thing a GM can think of to do with a Despair is "oh, I guess your gun's out of ammo," then that's the GM being lazy. I've had a number of Despairs rolled in the games I've run, and I can count the number of times I've used "your gun's out of ammo" on a single hand.

3 hours ago, Donovan Morningfire said:

Sorry, but if the only thing a GM can think of to do with a Despair is "oh, I guess your gun's out of ammo," then that's the GM being lazy. I've had a number of Despairs rolled in the games I've run, and I can count the number of times I've used "your gun's out of ammo" on a single hand.

Of course if a player has spare clip. You should do it a little more to make the talent useful. But yeah you are right

So after last nights game, we tested vader from the book. First up was the ranged merc soldier, taking a pot shot with her biggest gun at long range. Vader resists and reflects it back. Vaders turn. Moves to medium and saber throws, getting the blade back after the hit. Merc is down to 2 wounds and flees. Next up is wookiee melee brawler. Attacks with god awful vibrosword, good amt of damage gets through. Vader strikes with damage to activate wookies rage. She Crits, severing vaders left arm! Vader Force chokes her, and goes in for the kill. No Result! Wookiee rises from prone, swings and misses. Vader takes another shot, severing HER arm! We pretty much stop thete as they were both almost out of points, but yes, if it has stats it can be killed.

6 minutes ago, bsmith23 said:

if it has stats it can be killed.

Quoted for truth

Anyone have a list of the fighters and capital ships in it?

im looking at vader's stuff but can I have you know be activated multiple times? also what does adding twenty to the injury mean since its juxtaposed to criticals?

3 hours ago, RogueCorona said:

Anyone have a list of the fighters and capital ships in it?

Hammerhead and aquitains capital ships.

Krennics shuttle

Zeta shuttle

CEC Kestrel

Tie Stryker

Ghost

Phantom 1 and 2

No Pelta. :(

21 hours ago, bsmith23 said:

So after last nights game, we tested vader from the book. First up was the ranged merc soldier, taking a pot shot with her biggest gun at long range. Vader resists and reflects it back. Vaders turn. Moves to medium and saber throws, getting the blade back after the hit. Merc is down to 2 wounds and flees. Next up is wookiee melee brawler. Attacks with god awful vibrosword, good amt of damage gets through. Vader strikes with damage to activate wookies rage. She Crits, severing vaders left arm! Vader Force chokes her, and goes in for the kill. No Result! Wookiee rises from prone, swings and misses. Vader takes another shot, severing HER arm! We pretty much stop thete as they were both almost out of points, but yes, if it has stats it can be killed.

how much xp has your group acquired? I have a feeling these vader stats might pale in comparison to a 1k+ xp group.

There is a sidebar at the beginning of the book that says the canon characters' stat blocks aren't comprehensive, and also that the GM should adjust them as desired to fit their campaign needs.

If Vader as printed wouldn't be scary in your campaign, make him tougher.

;)

13 minutes ago, salamar_dree said:

There is a sidebar at the beginning of the book that says the canon characters' stat blocks aren't comprehensive, and also that the GM should adjust them as desired to fit their campaign needs.

If Vader as printed wouldn't be scary in your campaign, make him tougher.

;)

Yep. Page 5. :D

Got my book.

Drabatans have a 3 in Presence and 1 in Cunning, get 1 rank in Charm or Leadership, and can spend 2 advantage when making Leadership/Coercion checks to affect an additional target or extend effective range of their Coercion/Leadership. Gigorans are unchanged from the preview. I think. Iakaru have a 3 in Agility and a 1 in Willpower, get 1 rank in Piloting (Space), do not suffer movement penalties when in jungles/similar environments, and add boost to Athletics/Coordination checks to swing/climb/balance. Tognath have a 3 in Willpower and 1 in Presence, start with a cybernetic eye implant that grants them 1 rank in Coordination and Perception (this counts against their cybernetic cap), add 2 setback to any Coercion checks that target them, and have an atmospheric requirement similar to Kel Dor (except the rating is 5 instead of 8).

You could maybe deduce Lasat stats from Zeb's stats, but it would be a lot of guess work.

I don't think anybody mentioned the TIE Advanced v1 is in the book, aka the Inquisitor's TIE. Sabine's 'jacked TIE fighter is in here as well, as is the Darksaber.

Finally got my copy, and had a quick glance through. First impression is: very nice! I appreciate all the modular encounters, they look very handy for one-offs.

But boy, what a break from past offerings: all the iconic stats in one place! I'm not sure I care too much, but I'll admit it's handy to see how they expect the game and a campaign to scale.

First glance I like the universal specs. I always knew there should be an ex-Padawan tree... :)

Overall, I think I'm going to get a lot out of this book.

Yeah, so FFG's inability to check their own work strikes again. Both the Auzituck and Hammerhead profiles talk about weapons that they don't actually have listed. And those are just the two I've actually sat down to read about and analyze.

8 hours ago, GroggyGolem said:

how much xp has your group acquired? I have a feeling these vader stats might pale in comparison to a 1k+ xp group.

Lost count, but we've been playing consistently sice Edge came out. It was a quick and dirty pick up combat for about 10 minutes.

14 hours ago, bsmith23 said:

Lost count, but we've been playing consistently sice Edge came out. It was a quick and dirty pick up combat for about 10 minutes.

my players party have a fair amount of xp after a good few months so man that must be an amazingly high number