Dawn of Rebellion Sourcebook

By Blackbird888, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

9 hours ago, Absol197 said:

I'm making no guarantee that I've got all of them, but here are the shuttles I can find:

--Phantom I: Sil 3, Passenger Capacity 8, Hyperdrive 2(15).

--Phantom II: Sil 4, Passenger Capacity 8, Hyperdrive 2(10).

--T-3C Shuttle: Sil 4, Passenger Capacity 30, Hyperdrive 1(10).

--Zeta Cargo Shuttle: Sil 4, Passenger Capacity 50, Hyperdrive 3(12).

...That may actually be all of them. Apparently I thought there were more ships in the book than there actually were after my first pass...

Could you also tell me the encumbrance capacity of the phantom I?

8 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Could you also tell me the encumbrance capacity of the phantom I?

5 (Phantom II has an Encumbrance Capacity of 10). Keep in mind I'm assuming that that means in addition to a full compliment and 8 passengers on board.

Edited by Absol197
47 minutes ago, Khazadune said:

At the bottom of each page for the talent trees it specificallys states, “Permission given to print and photocopy this page for personal use only. LFL FFG”

No, you are not allowed to share it. You may have done so in the past, but it is specifically stated that you cannot do so, and so any sharing was and remains, a violation.

I didn't realize that, I withdraw the request.

7 minutes ago, Absol197 said:

5 (Phantom II has an Encumbrance Capacity of 10). Keep in mind I'm assuming that that means in addition to a full compliment and 8 passengers on board.

Thanks so much absol, context of the request

I'm looking for a sil 3 shuttle to reskin as a reingineered salon pod turned shuttle/dropship for a consular cruiser. Currently I think the hwk-290 or major (sp?) from friends like these is my best bet. But I'm totally going to use FO ship building rules to hopefully come up with something more appropriate.

Another Question that I don't think was explicitly answered:

Does buying the Padawan Survivor Tree provide +1 Force Rating even if you're arleady force sensitive or is the the same as Force Exile/Emergent?

1 hour ago, penpenpen said:

Wow. The U-wing is really, really good. Like, only falling short of HWK-levels of OP-good.

A little weak on the armor side but with the strong basic statline and fairly generous amount of hardpoints it oozes potential. Stick some proton torpedoes on it and it will give the both the x- and y-wings a run for their money even before you stick more performance enhancing attachments and/or weaponry on it. And it's damned cheap too in comparison. Sil 4 might be a little bit of bother when the smaller capships come out or when facing fighters with tricky target-like shenanigans but the extra HT and SST should make up for it. And it can be a ship captain's pride and joy.

Nice. What is the price and rarity of the U-Wing? :)

Still waiting for my book... but it might be some time yet until it arrives in Norway...

41 minutes ago, Ilderfant said:

Still waiting for my book... but it might be some time yet until it arrives in Norway...

And pax and encumberance of it too please?

1 hour ago, RicoD said:

Another Question that I don't think was explicitly answered:

Does buying the Padawan Survivor Tree provide +1 Force Rating even if you're arleady force sensitive or is the the same as Force Exile/Emergent?

Nope. Just like Force-sensitive Exile and Emergent, it grants Force Rating 1, but not Force Rating +1 .

1 hour ago, Ilderfant said:

65,000/6

A damned steal.

Yikes, now I'm curious about those stats. :o

@penpenpen passenger crew and encumberance?

Of the u wing?

Edited by jayc007

Best FFG RPG material to date! Kudos FFG

Wouldn't it be better to restrict that to clones who undergo clonetrooper training?

So you could have rogue Kaminoans using their clonetech to clone mercs and possibly aging separatist soldiers to combat their former creations and the Empire they now serve?

Could easily use any race just that they're clones and maybe don't even know that?!

Back after AotC I ran a game where a cargo of Clonetroopers were reprogrammed to work for a Separatist I had this vision where the PCs would think these rogue Clonetroopers were brainwashed when in fact they were reprogrammed and told the truth choosing to willingly help their rescuer who knew better than to trust Dooku and his lackeys eventually surviving rots and going underground to rebuild much like the First Order did except they picked up Leia's call for help and arrived shortly after the end of tlj for some serious payback!

Clonetroopers Vs the First Order...

Sigh... I definitely need to pick up this book!?

Three places advertising this book all out of stock!

Edited by copperbell
14 minutes ago, copperbell said:

Wouldn't it be better to restrict that to clones who undergo clonetrooper training?

I can't think of a single good reason to restrict the tree to only clones or human males. It's a pretty nice tree for any military character. The comrades in arms talents could apply to anyone in service.

2 minutes ago, Vek Baustrade said:

I can't think of a single good reason to restrict the tree to only clones or human males. It's a pretty nice tree for any military character. The comrades in arms talents could apply to anyone in service.

As sensible GMs, I think we can all agree that the restriction to Human males is going to be ignored. The spec should be seen as Clone Wars Veteran.

Same as Imperial Acadamy Cadet can be seen as ANY military academy cadet (my wife is looking at this for her Drall Analyst)

And the new Solo movie should really be seen as "Falcon. A star Wars Story" ?

47 minutes ago, Vek Baustrade said:

It's because they made the decision not to make Clone Troopers a species, so they gave them something else to individualize them. On the other hand, I would have rather seen Mandalorian Protector as a universal spec than a Mandalorian Human species, but FFG is doing things their own way.

Does the line in the U-wing description that says "hatches can be fitted with..." mean that those additions take up hard points, or no?

Also, what's the Sil of the U-Wing?

On 2/19/2018 at 1:59 PM, Nytwyng said:

Wow. That is quite a change in philosophy for the line. Is there any sort of disclaimer like there is for Lando in Jewel of Yavin?

On 2/19/2018 at 2:02 PM, Khazadune said:

Nothing I see.

Here it is, on page 5.

"This book contains many iconic Star Wars characters, from Ezra Bridger to Darth Vader. Their profiles represent some of the important roles and abilities they had during this era, as full, definitive profiles are beyond the scope of Dawn of Rebellion. GM's are encouraged to modify profiles as needed for specific timeframes, character situations, and the needs of ongoing campaigns."

Now that I've got it, and I'm flipping through it, a decent chunk of the "Organizations" section provides a lot of information that some have been hoping for an Imperial sourcebook to get.

So the u wing? Passengers and crew?

8/4

57 minutes ago, Demon4x4 said:

Does the line in the U-wing description that says "hatches can be fitted with..." mean that those additions take up hard points, or no?

No, it comes with either a personal scale ion weapon or a (20 damage!) personal scale repeating blaster on each door. Those do not take added hard points.

I reckon a U-Wing with a turret would be the ducks guts.