Dawn of Rebellion Sourcebook

By Blackbird888, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

I recall Endless Vigil took forever to appear on Amazon. But I don't recall if Disciples of Harmony took that much.

I'm looking forward this book and the in deep review on the Order 66 podcast. Kind of a tradition that I'm trying to keep up.

36 minutes ago, Desslok said:

I wonder if Disney's beef with Amazon spills over onto ancillary product like the RPG. I know you are S.O.L. if you want to buy a DVD of the Last Jedi on Amazon, but I don't know about the books.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-Wars-Last-Jedi-DVD/dp/B0787LHG3G

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Last-Bonus-Content/dp/B0784YGPNS/

Not sure why you're repeating rubbish that's so easily disproved.

As for the general Asmodee attacks. I'm in the UK, which means we get completely screwed on RPG releases, with about 2 weeks to buy any new release before it's out of stock, and up to 10 weeks after release in the US before we can get it here, and 3/4 of the line being unavailable if you wanted to get into it now.

However, Asmodee's idea of promoting local stores was and is a good idea, and has not prevented online stores from getting their products as evidenced below:

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/165098 image.png.5697734a92ecb3d3af6388f6e4bd491c.png

Edited by Evilref

I’m not sure that simply stating Asmodee’s retailer requirements can realistically be characterized as “attacks.”

However, if their goal is to promote local stores, adopting policies that price smaller stores out of being able to stock their products seems to go against that goal. I’ve been a customer of this store for some 25+ years, yet they’ve had to actively tell me that I need to buy FFG product where I can find it, because their FFG customer base isn’t large enough to justify meeting the minimum and having so much product sitting unsold.

6 minutes ago, Nytwyng said:

I’m not sure that simply stating Asmodee’s retailer requirements can realistically be characterized as “attacks.”

However, if their goal is to promote local stores, adopting policies that price smaller stores out of being able to stock their products seems to go against that goal. I’ve been a customer of this store for some 25+ years, yet they’ve had to actively tell me that I need to buy FFG product where I can find it, because their FFG customer base isn’t large enough to justify meeting the minimum and having so much product sitting unsold.

That's the problem one of the game stores I went to for years before leaving the area. They want to be a boutique and take orders for customers, when in reality they also aren't doing much to promote the game. They don't even have the CRBs in stock for the casual to come in and buy it.

20 minutes ago, Sarone said:

That's the problem one of the game stores I went to for years before leaving the area. They want to be a boutique and take orders for customers, when in reality they also aren't doing much to promote the game. They don't even have the CRBs in stock for the casual to come in and buy it.

Now, though, it’s a catch-22. The location I go to is building a gaming customer base. They’d love to have an audience for the FFG product. I’ve run the EotE BG there, and one of the groups I play in has used the location to play several times. But, they can’t justify the new minimum order. In the past, they’ve gotten the new book releases for me, and assorted other FFG product for me or others. Right after the change was put in place, they had a large enough FFG order to preorder the WEG Anniversary Edition for me. But that was the same day they told me to get future books where I can find them.

The store you mention is probably in a similar boat...walk-in sales don’t justify the minimum order to stock on the shelf, and now, special orders may not be enough for them to be able to order at all.

2 minutes ago, Nytwyng said:

Now, though, it’s a catch-22. The location I go to is building a gaming customer base. They’d love to have an audience for the FFG product. I’ve run the EotE BG there, and one of the groups I play in has used the location to play several times. But, they can’t justify the new minimum order. In the past, they’ve gotten the new book releases for me, and assorted other FFG product for me or others. Right after the change was put in place, they had a large enough FFG order to preorder the WEG Anniversary Edition for me. But that was the same day they told me to get future books where I can find them.

The store you mention is probably in a similar boat...walk-in sales don’t justify the minimum order to stock on the shelf, and now, special orders may not be enough for them to be able to order at all.

What is the minimum order? FFG/Asmodea must realize that they are competing for customer dollars in the end.

8 minutes ago, Sarone said:

What is the minimum order? FFG/Asmodea must realize that they are competing for customer dollars in the end.

According to the manager of my store, it’s a minimum $400 order. (I presume that’s $400 at wholesale, not retail.)

1 hour ago, Evilref said:

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Last-Bonus-Content/dp/B0784YGPNS/

Not sure why you're repeating rubbish that's so easily disproved.

That’s the streaming video. Try the DVD or Blu-Ray on Amazon.com:

https://www.amazon.com/STAR-WARS-LAST-JEDI-Blu-ray/dp/B0788FL36D/

Not available.

Try Thor Ragnarok on Blu-Ray: https://www.amazon.com/THOR-RAGNAROK-Blu-ray-Chris-Hemsworth/dp/B07886H8TF/

Unavailable.

Disney and Amazon have a low level feud over the cost of Disney movies on disc; part of it is that you can’t preorder Disney movies on disc from Amazon.com. You can preorder the streaming versions just fine, though.

$400? That is a bit pricey. That might come down to an order every two months or so, since there are going to be very few people looking to buy all three CRBs in one go.

24 minutes ago, coyote6 said:

That’s the streaming video. Try the DVD or Blu-Ray on Amazon.com:

https://www.amazon.com/STAR-WARS-LAST-JEDI-Blu-ray/dp/B0788FL36D/

Not available.

Try Thor Ragnarok on Blu-Ray: https://www.amazon.com/THOR-RAGNAROK-Blu-ray-Chris-Hemsworth/dp/B07886H8TF/

Unavailable.

Hah!

vindicate.png

Also, any feud that doesn't involve The Macho Man Randy Savage giving Ricky The Dragon Steamboat a steel chair to the back of the skull is not worth my time to investigate.

Edited by Desslok
1 hour ago, Evilref said:

However, Asmodee's idea of promoting local stores was and is a good idea, and has not prevented online stores from getting their products as evidenced below:

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/165098 image.png.5697734a92ecb3d3af6388f6e4bd491c.png

I don’t really want to get into the middle of whatever this is, but I’d like to point out that CoolStuffInc has 3 brick and mortar locations in and around Orlando Florida. While I don’t doubt that the majority of its sales come from the internet, it still supports a local gaming community. It represents the hybrid FLGS/internet sales approach which seems to be required to stay in business these days. Other examples include Miniature Market and Atomic Empire. I don’t consider these places bad for the hobby either because they compete with Amazon to provide low cost products to communities where game stores didn’t survive.

As predicted, my FLGS' truck isn't coming til

tomorrow :(

makes me wonder what the point of strict street dates are if they aren't gonna ship product early so stores all have it on the street date.

3 minutes ago, jivjov said:

As predicted, my FLGS' truck isn't coming til

tomorrow :(

makes me wonder what the point of strict street dates are if they aren't gonna ship product early so stores all have it on the street date.

Mine won’t be in until tomorrow, either.

I could go to another store nearby that probably got it in. But, since a friend of mine was good enough to ask this store to hold a copy for me, I can be (more or less) patient for 24 more hours.

23 minutes ago, Nytwyng said:

Mine won’t be in until tomorrow, either.

I could go to another store nearby that probably got it in. But, since a friend of mine was good enough to ask this store to hold a copy for me, I can be (more or less) patient for 24 more hours.

Yeah, my copy is prepaid and ready to go...so I'm not gonna go hunting elsewhere for it. Just makes me a little sad

I got mine! Stopped by my FLGS on my lunch to grab it :) .

Starting tonight when I get home, I can answer any nitty-gritty questions people might still have.

BTWs, I LOVE the art in this book!

1 hour ago, Desslok said:

Also, any feud that doesn't involve The Macho Man Randy Savage giving Ricky The Dragon Steamboat a steel chair to the back of the skull is not worth my time to investigate.

I see your feud and raise you Jimmy Snuka vs Rowdy Roddy Piper with a coconut.

1 hour ago, Absol197 said:

I got mine! Stopped by my FLGS on my lunch to grab it :) .

Starting tonight when I get home, I can answer any nitty-gritty questions people might still have.

BTWs, I LOVE the art in this book!

At-last! The book is reaching more and more people! The dark times are, finally, nearing their end...hopefully...

All I wish to know now is if the Bo-Rifle actually has stats and is available for purchase.

I only gave it a quick look-through, but I don't think it's in there. Sorry :( .

13 minutes ago, Absol197 said:

I only gave it a quick look-through, but I don't think it's in there. Sorry :( .

Maybe it's under Zeb's entry?

7 minutes ago, Underachiever599 said:

Maybe it's under Zeb's entry?

It better be...

Kallus has one. No price, but we have the important numbers at least.

EDIT - Zeb has it too. Nothing in the equipment tho.

Edited by Desslok

Any chance of getting brief descriptions of all the new talents, I missed them before they where yanked from earlier in the thread. The book sounds awesome

I'm still a bit curious about Thrawn's Intellect and Knowledge (Warfare). *fanboy*

3 hours ago, OriginalDomingo said:

I don’t really want to get into the middle of whatever this is, but I’d like to point out that CoolStuffInc has 3 brick and mortar locations in and around Orlando Florida. While I don’t doubt that the majority of its sales come from the internet, it still supports a local gaming community. It represents the hybrid FLGS/internet sales approach which seems to be required to stay in business these days. Other examples include Miniature Market and Atomic Empire. I don’t consider these places bad for the hobby either because they compete with Amazon to provide low cost products to communities where game stores didn’t survive.

Yeah coolstuffinc is the closest flgs to me but it’s an hour and a half away and $12 in tolls round trip. Cheaper to pay shipping and wait impatiently for fed ex...?

7 minutes ago, Sharatec said:

I'm still a bit curious about Thrawn's Intellect and Knowledge (Warfare). *fanboy*

I4, KW5. But his special ability is "The Art of War" and is what makes him truly terrifying. Especially in Mass Combat.