Dawn of Rebellion Sourcebook

By Blackbird888, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

57 minutes ago, Khazadune said:

The thing that blew me away was the Lightbow. The Vibrorang was impressive and then of course the assortment of blasters are stellar;

DLT-19D Heavy Repeating Blaster Rifle

E-11 D Blaster Carbine

E-22 Blaster Rifle

MWC-35c Repeating Cannon (standard or single shot)

PB08 Heavy Blaster Pistol

if this book has a let down for me it would be that there are no pieces of actual Armor or equipment, just droids, vehicles and weapons. But given how much else it has, wow.

Dang. I was hoping for the A280-CFE and its various configurations (ie Pistol, Rifle, Sniper Rifle)

Does it have the experimental B-Wing with the superlaser by any chance?

8 minutes ago, Ahrimon said:

Does it have the experimental B-Wing with the superlaser by any chance?

Yes, that’s the prototype B6. It’s the precursor to the B Wing and even includes Quarrie’s laser with its risky use built in. It’s a **** of a fighter.

Just now, Khazadune said:

Yes, that’s the prototype B6. It’s the precursor to the B Wing and even includes Quarrie’s laser with its risky use built in. It’s a **** of a fighter.

Awesome, mind sharing the stats for the laser?

Deleted.

Edited by Khazadune
Copyright Violation

I have to know: :P What are Thrawn's Intellect and Knowledge: Warfare?

4 hours ago, Khazadune said:

Under Zeb’s entry it states he is suspected to be the last living Lasat. So yeah, but we can always use his stat block.

There’s a Lasat in Rogue One isn’t there, not to mention that hidden planet.

Removed by request.

Edited by Khazadune
Request
4 minutes ago, Eoen said:

There’s a Lasat in Rogue One isn’t there, not to mention that hidden planet.

It states suspected, so again, likely why they didn’t want it as a PC race given its rarity.

4 hours ago, OriginalDomingo said:

There is very little background out there on these species. How far back do they go with their histories? Is it only during the Rise of the Empire or does it go as far back as the Clone Wars? Also, any clues where these homeworlds are located?

@Khazadune Also, is there any mechanical or narrative effect for being Tognath egg mates?

18 minutes ago, OriginalDomingo said:

@Khazadune Also, is there any mechanical or narrative effect for being Tognath egg mates?

I'll leave it to Khaza to answer any questions, but I do have to say it was so, so much fun to develop some of these species that were basically blank slates at the time. It's a weird, rare thrill to work on Star Wars in general, but even more so when you get to be the first person to tackle something from a movie.

And credit to Anthony P. Russo for creating the Gigoran species in WEG's Star Wars Adventure Journal 4.

6 hours ago, Khazadune said:

Maul, Grand Moff Tarkin, Shelish, Krennic, Saw Gerrera, Governor Price, Commandant Aresko, Ryder Azadi, Senator Trayvis, Grand Admiral Thrawn, Agent Kallus, Darth Vader, Grand Inquisitor, Bail Organa, Mon Mothma, Ahsoka Tano, Commander Jun Sato, Kanan, Hera (Ghost, Phantom I, Phantom II), Chopper, Zeb, Sabine, Captain Rex, Ezra, Cikatro Vizago, Cham Syndulla, Numa, Fenn Rau, Azmorigan, Hondo, Ketsu Onyo, Lando Calrissian.

Very Rebels focussed NPCs. What about Rogue One? I was hoping for at least Jyn?

So, anyone feel like posting the stats for Darth Vader?

9 minutes ago, Underachiever599 said:

So, anyone feel like posting the stats for Darth Vader?

Posting actual stats seems like going a bit too far, no? I mean, I get sharing the table of contents, or lists of things. But if people are sharing full talent abilities and stat blocks before the book is even out, I feel like thats a bit over the line?

14 minutes ago, KRKappel said:

Posting actual stats seems like going a bit too far, no? I mean, I get sharing the table of contents, or lists of things. But if people are sharing full talent abilities and stat blocks before the book is even out, I feel like thats a bit over the line?

I mean, someone six posts before me posted the full Thrawn stat block and talent list. And throughout the last few pages, people have posted the full contents of the six specs in this book, along with the descriptions of all the talents. This pretty much happens every time a new book gets released. Tons of spoilers start being posted before the book actually hits stores in most countries. FFG seems pretty lax about punishing people who do so.

Fair enough, I didn't catch those earlier. Just seems a bit overboard to me.

46 minutes ago, KRKappel said:

I have removed the Thrawn stat block and will refrain from such posts. I was hesitant to do any of this in the first place as I didn’t want to violate any FFG concerns. The last thing I would want to do is reveal so many details that people do not buy the book. I will keep posts as previews and leave spoilers for someone else.

This book is incredible in detail and full of amazing Easter eggs and a ton of hard work. I think what has been shared should suffice and I’ll leave any further reveals for when people get the actual book. Contributors like the above poster have worked hard to make this one of the best FFG products I have ever seen and I would hate to spoil anything unfairly.

Edited by Khazadune
1 hour ago, Andreievitch said:

Very Rebels focussed NPCs. What about Rogue One? I was hoping for at least Jyn?

Rogue One is featured in the book throughout from locations and NPCs to equipment and ships. If that is what you are looking for you will find it in spades within.

What does temple training do?

51 minutes ago, Khazadune said:

Rogue One is featured in the book throughout from locations and NPCs to equipment and ships. If that is what you are looking for you will find it in spades within.

But no statblocks for the protagonist's like there are for Rebels?

Edited by Wilhelm Screamer
14 minutes ago, Wilhelm Screamer said:

But no statvlocks for the protagonist's like there are for Rebels?

I'd imagine it's difficult for them to provide statblocks for people who are very notably dead :) .

6 minutes ago, Absol197 said:

I'd imagine it's difficult for them to provide statblocks for people who are very notably dead :) .

Tarkin died like a day later and he has stats. all the inquisitors and maul are also dead and they have stats. Krennic from the same source died and he had stats.

Realistic situation: The AoR party is getting intel from Cassian Andor in the assumed pre-yavin time periods. This book wants to support things like that and yet not having his stats seems like a huge miss.

Edited by Wilhelm Screamer
1 hour ago, Absol197 said:

That is an assumption of when a campaign may be set. Jyn and Cassian are very much alive at the time of the Rebels cartoon.

My campaign is around 2BBY and I was hoping to have Jyn as a guest star. I still will, but stats would have been cool.

That's fair enough, I spoke (typed?) a bit prematurely. My apologies!

Edited by Absol197

How far along is Ezra in here?