Dawn of Rebellion Sourcebook

By Blackbird888, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

Just now, Absol197 said:

Thank you :) . I know I and many others would love a layout of the talent trees. I can assure you that it's been done before with no repercussions, but I can understand and respect your hesitation.

Please consider it, but it's your choice, don't let us pressure you too much (although I will point out you brought this upon yourself; you didn't have to tell us you were the first one to get the book :P )!

Okay, but I will haunt your *** if somehow this is breaking a rule.

Force Adherent:

Tier One: Resolve (connection to below), Disciple Of Lore (connection to below), Grit, Push Aside (connection to below).

Tier Two: Disciple Of Lore (connection left and below), As The Force Wills It (connections everywhere but below), Precision Strike (Connections left and right), Extended Reach (connections everywhere but right).

Tier Three: Confidence (Connection above and right), Hard Headed (connection left and below), Confidence (connection right), Dodge (connections everywhere but right)

Tier Four: Disciplined Soul (connection below) Grit (Connections everywhere except left), Dodge (connections everywhere except above), Resolve (Connections above and left).

Tier Five: Force Of Will (Connections above and right), Superior Reflexes (Connections left and above), Sixth Sense (Connections above and right), Dedication (connection left)

Deleted.

Edited by Khazadune
Copyright Violation
8 minutes ago, Khazadune said:

Droid section is incredible. We get the KX Series (K2SO), the Mouse Droid, the ID-9 that Iden uses in Battlefront 2, IG-RM (offshoot of the IG Assassin droids), and a DTS Dismantler Droid.

ID-9 was from Seventh Sister (Rebels), upgraded to the ID-10 in Battlefront 2
IG-RM are the droids on Vizago's ship (Rebels)
DTS Dismantlers were the droids taking apart the Y-wings in S3 of Rebels

Imperial Academy Cadet

Tier One: Grit (connection below), Vehicle Combat Training, Conditioned (Connection below), Knowledge Specialization (Connection below)

Tier Two: Know the Enemy (Connection everywhere except left), By the Book (Connections left and right), Defensive Driving (connections everywhere but below), Tactical Combat Training (Connections everywhere but right)

tier Three: Formation Tactics (Connections above and right), Command (Connections everywhere but above), Full throttle (connections everywhere but above), Known Schematic (Connections everywhere but right).

Tier Four: Improved Formation Tactics (Connections left and below), By the Book (Connections above and left), Conditioned (Connections everywhere but left), Knowledge Specialization (Connections left and above).

Tier Five: Natural scholar (Connections above and left), Targeted Firepower (Connections left and right), By the Book (Connections everywhere but below) and Dedication (Connection left).

8 minutes ago, Khazadune said:

Okay, but I will haunt your *** if somehow this is breaking a rule.

Force Adherent:

*snip*

I accept your terms :) .

As a suggestion, for the connections, you can use symbols instead of spelling it out. If i had somehow gotten the book first, I was going to use <^v>, and remove symbols for missing connections.

Padawan Survivor:

Tier One: Parry (below), Constant Vigilance, Street Smarts (below), Nobody’s Fool.

Tier Two: Toughened (all but left), Reflect (left and right), Sleight Of Mind (all), Secrets of the Jedi (left and below).

tier Three: Parry (above and right), Balance (left and below), Smooth Talker (above and right), Master of Shadows (all but right).

Tier Four: Disorienting Strike (below and right), Uncanny Reactions (all but right), Smooth Talker (right), Trust No One (all but left).

Tier Five: Improved Secrets of the Jedi (above and right), Temple Training (all but below), Force Rating (Left and Right), Dedication (left and above).

Is anyone in the UK able to advise how soon after the US release date we usually see new releases showing up this side of the Atlantic?

Pirate:

Tier One: Black Market Contacts (below), Toughened, Quick Draw, Know the Ropes (below).

Tier Two: Greased Palms (all but left), Toughened (all but above), Fearsome Rep (all but above), Commanding Presence (all but right).

tier Three: Black Market Contacts (all but left), Double Talk (all but right), Street Smarts (above and right), Intimidating (all but right)

Tier Four: Fearsome Rep (above and right), Intense Presence (all but right), Commanding Presence (right and below), Steely Nerves (left and above)

Tier Five: Prepare to be Boarded (right), Altered Deal (All but below), Natural Rogue (all but below), Dedication (right).

Retired Clone Trooper:

Tier One: Toughened (below), Steady aim, Spare Clip, Grit (below).

Tier Two: Combat Veteran (above and Below), Durable (Right and below), Swift (All but above), Familiar Suns (Above and left).

Tier Three: Grit (Above and right), Stimpack Specialization (all), Toughened (all), Durable (Left and below).

Tier Four: Persistent Targeting (right), Powerful Blast (all), Combat Veteran (All), Powrful Blast (Above and left)

Tier Five: Dedication (right), Improved Comrades in arms (all but below), Comrades in Arms (all but below), Enduring (Left).

7 minutes ago, Kualan said:

Is anyone in the UK able to advise how soon after the US release date we usually see new releases showing up this side of the Atlantic?

Shortest has been a week

Longest has been 2 months

Also, note, you have 1-2 weeks to buy a book in the UK before it's unavailable from Esdevium.

Ship Captain:

Tier One: Wheel and Deal (Below), Pride and Joy (below), Grit, Kill with Kindness (below).

Tier Two: kill with kindness (all but left), Improved pride and joy (all but below), field Commander (all but above), Skilled Jockey (Above and left).

Tier Three: Wheel and Deal (all but left), Encouraging Words (all but above), Seen a lot of things (all but right), Full Throttle (below).

Tier Four: Trust the Captain (Above and right), Inspiring Rhetoric (All), Trust the Captain (all), Supreme Pride and Joy (Left and above).

Tier Five: Most Impressive (right), Inspiring Leadership (Above and left), Grit (Above and right), Dedication (Left).

10 minutes ago, Khazadune said:

Retired Clone Trooper:

Tier One: Toughened (below), Steady aim, Spare Clip, Grit (below).

Tier Two: Combat Veteran (above and Below), Durable (Right and below), Swift (All but above), Familiar Suns (Above and left).

Tier Three: Grit (Above and right), Stimpack Specialization (all), Toughened (all), Durable (Left and below).

Tier Four: Persistent Targeting (right), Powerful Blast (all), Combat Veteran (All), Powrful Blast (Above and left)

Tier Five: Dedication (right), Improved Comrades in arms (all but below), Comrades in Arms (all but below), Enduring (Left).

Can we get descriptions of the new talents here?

There was a question about force ratings:

Darth Vader (6) (also Adversary 4)

Maul (4) (Adversary 3)

Grand Inquistor (4) (Adversary 3)

Fifth Brother (3) (Adversary 2)

Seventh Sister (3) (Adversary 2)

Ahsoka Tano (3) (Adversary 1)

Kanan (3) (Adversary 1)

Ezra (2)

The +1 Padawan Survivor gets, is this the same as, say, Force Sensitive Exile, or will it actually add 1 to the Force Rating of a character that has Force Rating from a previous specialization or career?

21 minutes ago, Ilderfant said:

The +1 Padawan Survivor gets, is this the same as, say, Force Sensitive Exile, or will it actually add 1 to the Force Rating of a character that has Force Rating from a previous specialization or career?

I'm 100% positive it's the same as on the existing Force-Sensitive specs we have, but confirmation is always nice :) .

Khazadune, thank you so so much! I know we're all going to be wondering what the new talents do, so... you know :) . If you have time...

When you get an opportunity, could you tell us about the new equipment options? Anything in the book stand out?

Thank you for doing this.

The Padawan Survivor is perfect for the next campaign I'm going to run. So happy that they included a spec like this. :D

Deleted.

Edited by Khazadune
Copyright Violation
7 minutes ago, Absol197 said:

I'm 100% positive it's the same as on the existing Force-Sensitive specs we have, but confirmation is always nice :) .

Khazadune, thank you so so much! I know we're all going to be wondering what the new talents do, so... you know :) . If you have time...

It states, “When characters purchase this Specialization, they automatically receive a Force Rating Of 1. If such characters already have a Force Rating Of 1 or higher, it does not improve...”

@Absol197 is correct.

So, about that death star entry. What does it say about the superlaser?

7 minutes ago, JRRP said:

When you get an opportunity, could you tell us about the new equipment options? Anything in the book stand out?

Thank you for doing this.

The thing that blew me away was the Lightbow. The Vibrorang was impressive and then of course the assortment of blasters are stellar;

DLT-19D Heavy Repeating Blaster Rifle

E-11 D Blaster Carbine

E-22 Blaster Rifle

MWC-35c Repeating Cannon (standard or single shot)

PB08 Heavy Blaster Pistol

if this book has a let down for me it would be that there are no pieces of actual Armor or equipment, just droids, vehicles and weapons. But given how much else it has, wow.

Just now, Wilhelm Screamer said:

So, about that death star entry. What does it say about the superlaser?

Well it has a side information block about the Death Star firing arcs, but as for the actual superlaser, under the DS-1 entry Fire Arc Forward; Damage -, Critical -, Range (Long), Slow Firing (8).

Then we have an info block on the Superlaser: “... the Mk 1 Superlaser has no damage or critical rating yet deals damage. It’s damage is on such a level that it transcends numbers. When it fires everything in its path is utterly destroyed...” it goes on to explain that it is a narrative tool and that GM’s should describe its damage. (Whole worlds obiterated in th blink of an eye, ships turned to ash as if mere paper, Force senstives disoriented by death cries etc.)

2 hours ago, Khazadune said:

Maul, Grand Moff Tarkin, Shelish, Krennic, Saw Gerrera, Governor Price, Commandant Aresko, Ryder Azadi, Senator Trayvis, Grand Admiral Thrawn, Agent Kallus, Darth Vader, Grand Inquisitor, Bail Organa, Mon Mothma, Ahsoka Tano, Commander Jun Sato, Kanan, Hera (Ghost, Phantom I, Phantom II), Chopper, Zeb, Sabine, Captain Rex, Ezra, Cikatro Vizago, Cham Syndulla, Numa, Fenn Rau, Azmorigan, Hondo, Ketsu Onyo, Lando Calrissian.

Any stats for lesser adversaries, like Imperial Death Troopers?

2 minutes ago, OriginalDomingo said:

Any stats for lesser adversaries, like Imperial Death Troopers?

Death Star Troopers, Shoretroopers, Nightsisters, etc etc.

6 minutes ago, Khazadune said:

Well it has a side information block about the Death Star firing arcs, but as for the actual superlaser, under the DS-1 entry Fire Arc Forward; Damage -, Critical -, Range (Long), Slow Firing (8).

Then we have an info block on the Superlaser: “... the Mk 1 Superlaser has no damage or critical rating yet deals damage. It’s damage is on such a level that it transcends numbers. When it fires everything in its path is utterly destroyed...” it goes on to explain that it is a narrative tool and that GM’s should describe its damage. (Whole worlds obiterated in th blink of an eye, ships turned to ash as if mere paper, Force senstives disoriented by death cries etc.)

Aw, I was hoping it would be something silly like "99999999999999999999999999999999999999" or " "

Edited by Wilhelm Screamer