Dawn of Rebellion Sourcebook

By Blackbird888, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

8 minutes ago, Khazadune said:

The species are; Gigoran, Drabatan, Tognarth, and Iakaru. (Basically the aliens you see in Rogue One)

Wow. New species are great, but I'm surprised not to see Lasat on that list.

5 minutes ago, Khazadune said:

Every major lore character imaginable has stats ,

This intrigues me, care to throw some examples? Are we talking supporting characters like Hondo or Governor Pryce or are they also going with the big-hitters of this period like Tarkin or even Leia?

4 minutes ago, SavageBob said:

I'm surprised, too... pleasantly surprised (not a Rebels fan).

10 minutes ago, Khazadune said:

I don’t know what else I can say without getting in trouble. I don’t want to break any rules. I have to say though that there isn’t a single area of this book that disappoints me. Every major lore character imaginable has stats, every piece of gear or vehicle we’ve seen in Rebels or Rogue One is detailed, and I have to say I think these are some of the best crafted trees and species we have gotten so far.

You can provide details. It's been done on every other new release so far.

Very important question (sorry to be so specific): is it the Force Adherent, or the Force- Sensitive Adherent? Also, does this spec have Uncanny Senses/Reactions? Touch of Fate? If it has those, Kemna may very well need a Re-stat...

18 minutes ago, Khazadune said:

The speciailizations are; Force Adherent (one with the force!) Imp Academy Cadet, Padawan Survivor, Pirate, Retired Trooper, Ship captain.

Is Force Adherent a Force-sensitive spec? I'm not sure anything has said whether canonically the blind guy in Rogue One was Force-sensitive or just enamored of Force lore.

ETA: Ninja'ed by Absol!

Edited by SavageBob
14 minutes ago, Kualan said:

This intrigues me, care to throw some examples? Are we talking supporting characters like Hondo or Governor Pryce or are they also going with the big-hitters of this period like Tarkin or even Leia?

Maul, Grand Moff Tarkin, Shelish, Krennic, Saw Gerrera, Governor Price, Commandant Aresko, Ryder Azadi, Senator Trayvis, Grand Admiral Thrawn, Agent Kallus, Darth Vader, Grand Inquisitor, Bail Organa, Mon Mothma, Ahsoka Tano, Commander Jun Sato, Kanan, Hera (Ghost, Phantom I, Phantom II), Chopper, Zeb, Sabine, Captain Rex, Ezra, Cikatro Vizago, Cham Syndulla, Numa, Fenn Rau, Azmorigan, Hondo, Ketsu Onyo, Lando Calrissian.

Edited by Khazadune
17 minutes ago, SavageBob said:

Under Zeb’s entry it states he is suspected to be the last living Lasat. So yeah, but we can always use his stat block.

1 minute ago, Khazadune said:

Maul, Grand Moff Tarkin, Shelish, Krennic, Saw Gerrera, Governor Price, Commandant Aresko, Ryder Azadi, Senator Trayvis, Grand Admiral Thrawn, Agent Kallus, Darth Vader, Grand Inquisitor, Bail Organa, Mon Mothma, Ahsoka Tano, Commander Jun Sato, Kanan, Hera (Ghost, Phantom I, Phantom II), Chopper, Zeb, Sabine, Captain Rex, Ezra, Cikatro Vizago, Cham Syndulla, Numa, Fenn Rau, Azmorigan, Hondo, Ketsu Onyo, Lando Calrissian.

Wow. That is quite a change in philosophy for the line. Is there any sort of disclaimer like there is for Lando in Jewel of Yavin?

1 minute ago, Khazadune said:

Mail, Tarkin, Shelish, Krennic, Saw Gerrera, Governor Price, Commandant Aresko, Ryder Azadi, Senator Trayvis, Grand Admiral Thrawn, Agent Kallus, Darth Vader, Grand Inquisitor, Bail Organa, Mon Mothma, Ahsoka Tano, Commander Jun Sato, Kanan, Hera (Ghost, Phantom I, Phantom II), Chopper, Zeb, Sabine, Captain Rex, Ezra, Cikatro Vizago, Cham Syndulla, Numa, Fenn Rau, Azmorigan, Hondo, Ketsu Onyo, Lando Calrissian.

Wow! I wasn't expecting that, that's great. Thanks very much for replying. I recently statted Hondo for an upcoming "guest appearance" but it's great to know there are official stats incoming.

Now I -really- can't wait for them to do a Clone Wars era book.

9 minutes ago, Absol197 said:

You can provide details. It's been done on every other new release so far.

Very important question (sorry to be so specific): is it the Force Adherent, or the Force- Sensitive Adherent? Also, does this spec have Uncanny Senses/Reactions? Touch of Fate? If it has those, Kemna may very well need a Re-stat...

It’s Force Adherent.

Its a sweet tree but sadly no Force Powers. The padawan survivor has Force talents. Balance, Temple Training, Uncanny Reactions, Sleight Of Mind and Force Rating.

2 minutes ago, Nytwyng said:

Wow. That is quite a change in philosophy for the line. Is there any sort of disclaimer like there is for Lando in Jewel of Yavin?

Nothing I see.

If I had to guess, I would figure the Force Adherent to get no Force Rating but maybe a Talent that allowed them to access some Force talents (but no Force powers). The Padawan Survivor will probably be another true Force sensitive talent.

Edit - Ninja'ed by the OP.

Edited by Dr Lucky
Just now, Dr Lucky said:

If I had to guess, I would figure the Force Adherent to get no Force Rating but maybe a Talent that allowed them to access some Force talents (but no Force powers). The Padawan Survivor will probably be another true Force sensitive talent.

The Force adherent is very much like the Guardian of the Whill we see in Rogue One. No Force Powers but a lot of martial talents for using a Bo staff and dodging.

With Padawan Survivor, Kab’s getting a respec, I think.

6 minutes ago, Khazadune said:

Under Zeb’s entry it states he is suspected to be the last living Lasat. So yeah, but we can always use his stat block.

That kind of sucks. We got a whole arc in Rebels (during Season 2 I think) about the other Lasat survivors and Lira San. There should be more of them.

Just now, Nytwyng said:

With Padawan Survivor, Kab’s getting a respec, I think.

Improved Secrets of the Jedi and Secrets of the Jedi are new talents for that tree. They allow you to add lightsaber as a career skill which is really nice if you are playing any of the force specs which doesn’t come with the skill, and it also allows you to use Knowledge Lore to build, repair and mod your lightsaber, and for cheaper amounts.

Just now, Dr Lucky said:

That kind of sucks. We got a whole arc in Rebels (during Season 2 I think) about the other Lasat survivors and Lira San. There should be more of them.

Well the way I see it is that with Zeb’s entry we actually get them as a race plus 4 more.

Could we get the career skills for each tree?

5 minutes ago, Khazadune said:

Thanks for the info you've given so far

Could you shed any light on the Imperial Academy cadet?

Also I'm assuming U-wings from what you've said, and you've mentioned specific stats for the Ghost, Phantom I and II, what about the Pelta, Hammerheads, Arquitens or the MC 75?

Force Adherent: Melee, Discipline, Knowledge (Lore) and Vigilance.

Imperial Academy Cadet: Knowledge (Warfare), Leadership, Piloting (Space), Ranged (Light).

Padawan Survivor: None. (+1 Force Rating)

Pirate: Coercion, Deception, Knowledge (Underworld), Skulduggery.

Retired Clone Trooper: Discipline, Knowledge (Warfare), Ranged (Heavy), Ranged (Light), Vigilance

Ship Captain: Charm, Leadership, Negotiation, Piloting (Space)

3 minutes ago, Evilref said:

U Wings, Hammerheads (actually says it’s designed to be used in ramming), Arquitens, Fang Fighters, the tank from Jedha, Auzituck Class Gunship (Wookiee), Delta Shuttle, TIE/MG (Mining Guild), Kestrel, Prototype B6, Zeta Class Heavy Cargo Shuttle, TIE Striker (6 Speed and +3 Handling! With Fore Shield 1! Only Armor 2 though)

Thank you :) . I know I and many others would love a layout of the talent trees. I can assure you that it's been done before with no repercussions, but I can understand and respect your hesitation.

Please consider it, but it's your choice, don't let us pressure you too much (although I will point out you brought this upon yourself; you didn't have to tell us you were the first one to get the book; that's like bathing in chum before jumping into a shark feeding frenzy :P )!

Edited by Absol197

Droid section is incredible. We get the KX Series (K2SO), the Mouse Droid, the ID-9 that Iden uses in Battlefront 2, IG-RM (offshoot of the IG Assassin droids), and a DTS Dismantler Droid.

There is very little background out there on these species. How far back do they go with their histories? Is it only during the Rise of the Empire or does it go as far back as the Clone Wars? Also, any clues where these homeworlds are located?

The Padawan survivor has no career skills?
That's rough.

Being less mechanic-driven in the questioning, how much stuff is there on running games in the years before the BoY and/or for players in setting up resistance cells, what sort of stuff they'd be doing etc.

Thanks again for your sudden 'glued to the keyboard' time.

Edited by Evilref