Dawn of Rebellion Sourcebook

By Blackbird888, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

1 minute ago, jivjov said:

Lately the local shipping has been a bit of a nightmare. The new Eldritch Horror expansion was dated for this thursday, but their truck didn't show up til yesterday. Not a huge problem by any means...but given how excited I am for this RPG book, the same thing will probably happen to it.

I'd prefer getting a book 1 day later than everyone else to getting a book 6 days later than everyone else, and a 1 day late shipment relative to a one day too early shipment (which makes me wait a week) might mean I get the book on release day... so here's to hoping for slightly delayed shipments

Just got my contributor copy yesterday! The book looks great, and I'm eager to see what others think of it!

1 minute ago, KRKappel said:

Just got my contributor copy yesterday! The book looks great, and I'm eager to see what others think of it!

Nice! I'm very curious about what new Specializations are in it, and the new species. :D

-E.

I imagine someone on here (that didn't work on the book) will have it soon and disclose all listings of various things.

The second artitcle about the book says:

Four new species choices, each with unique traits and histories describing their place in the galaxy, also contribute to a richer game setting for players and gamemasters to explore.

I can say I worked on those four species, and I'm very proud of how they turned out. curious to see what others thing of them!

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/10/9/imperial-living/

Yes, I know. I'm just very eager for this particular book. But it will be mine soon enough. :D

Very curious about how the Retired Clone Trooper spec is going to work. You can't have a, say, Rodian Retired Clone Trooper, can you? So maybe Clone will be one of those new species?

6 hours ago, jivjov said:

Lately the local shipping has been a bit of a nightmare. The new Eldritch Horror expansion...

Well you see that explains it :D

19 hours ago, Ilderfant said:

Yes, I know. I'm just very eager for this particular book. But it will be mine soon enough. :D

Very curious about how the Retired Clone Trooper spec is going to work. You can't have a, say, Rodian Retired Clone Trooper, can you? So maybe Clone will be one of those new species?

I imagine that if a player wants the Retired Clone Trooper spec without being an actual, you know, clone, it could easily be rationalized as him being a veteran of some other military outfit. No need to be quite that rigid about interpreting specialization titles.

3 hours ago, Krieger22 said:

I imagine that if a player wants the Retired Clone Trooper spec without being an actual, you know, clone, it could easily be rationalized as him being a veteran of some other military outfit. No need to be quite that rigid about interpreting specialization titles.

OR IS THERE.....!!!!

I imagine that is exactly how it will work. But who's to say that the Republic was the only buyer for a clone army? How do we know that some Hutt with well lined pockets didn't in fact commission an army of Rodians?

The Rodian Clone Army. Green and mean! :D

Just now, Ilderfant said:

The Rodian Clone Army. Green and mean! :D

Let's just hope they didn't use Greedo as the base genome. That army would be next to worthless. It can't even shoot first!

I wonder if the ship stats from Rebels and Rogue One are in there?

Edited by Eoen
Just now, Eoen said:

I think we'll see the U-Wing and Krennic's shuttle, at least. Personally, I'm hoping for a re-stat of the VCX-100 (aka "The Ghost") as the stats appearing in Keeping the Peace just doesn't make much sense to me. :P
Also, at least two new Tie-variants were seen in Rogue One, so maybe we'll see those. And for some reason, they've statted the Death Star as a vehicle. :D

3 minutes ago, Eoen said:

There's a pretty good chance of that, although it will probably depend a bit on when the book was done/sent to the printer in relation to when the movies came out.

4 hours ago, Krieger22 said:

There's a pretty good chance of that, although it will probably depend a bit on when the book was done/sent to the printer in relation to when the movies came out.

4 hours ago, Ilderfant said:

I think we'll see the U-Wing and Krennic's shuttle, at least. Personally, I'm hoping for a re-stat of the VCX-100 (aka "The Ghost") as the stats appearing in Keeping the Peace just doesn't make much sense to me. :P
Also, at least two new Tie-variants were seen in Rogue One, so maybe we'll see those. And for some reason, they've statted the Death Star as a vehicle. :D

I want to see official stats on the imperial light cruiser, and the gozanti listening ship. U wings are cool too.

Edited by Eoen

Yes, I would be surprised if stats for the light cruiser isn't in there. Also, the MC75 Mon Calamari Cruiser from Rogue One would be nice to have stats for. :)

I want to see the stats on that experimental super laser they put on the B-Wing. :)

I just want to see stats in general . I feel like it has been ages since we've received a sourcebook, and I am so excited to dive into this one.

12 hours ago, Icosiel said:

I just want to see stats in general . I feel like it has been ages since we've received a sourcebook, and I am so excited to dive into this one.

I know ! It feels like it's been a whole 263 days (~8.64 months) since our last sourcebook was released! That's ages !

(I'm being both sarcastic and literal here at the same time; woot! :P )

Come on, come on...where's our spoiler? I know you're out there...

On 17/02/2018 at 5:36 PM, EliasWindrider said:

I'd prefer getting a book 1 day later than everyone else to getting a book 6 days later than everyone else, and a 1 day late shipment relative to a one day too early shipment (which makes me wait a week) might mean I get the book on release day... so here's to hoping for slightly delayed shipments

In the UK we just hope to get it within a month of release in the US (does not always happen). With reprints it's even worse as they're often out of stock at the distributor (also part of Asmodee) before stores can order them.

Arrived in Canada today! Holding this book in hand rocks!

1 minute ago, Khazadune said:

"Do what must be done..."

3 minutes ago, Khazadune said:

What are the species options, the new specializations and what if any new force powers are present?

Woo! You're our spoiler!

What are the new specs? Could you give us the names, career skills, and the layout of the talent trees? Please please please!

Well it is based around Rogue One and Rebels, and incorporates everything from those two. This book may be the single greatest book they have released so far, if you haven’t bought it, you need to. Besides the core rule books I think it is the single most important book to own.

The species are; Gigoran, Drabatan, Tognarth, and Iakaru. (Basically the aliens you see in Rogue One)

The speciailizations are; Force Adherent (one with the force!) Imp Academy Cadet, Padawan Survivor, Pirate, Retired Trooper, Ship captain.

I don’t know what else I can say without getting in trouble. I don’t want to break any rules. I have to say though that there isn’t a single area of this book that disappoints me. Every major lore character imaginable has stats, every piece of gear or vehicle we’ve seen in Rebels or Rogue One is detailed, and I have to say I think these are some of the best crafted trees and species we have gotten so far.