Dawn of Rebellion Sourcebook

By Blackbird888, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

Is the DS really that fragile? Doesn't a proton torpedo need like 6+ successes to even dent the thing, and then a couple of advantages on top of that for a crit? Sure, you'd be rolling against difficulty 1 or maybe even zero, but that still feels like a tall order for anything but a dedicated PC pilot, and that's not counting whatever barrage actions this thing takes. And while we dont know what score of Massive (if any) the DS has, I think its safe to assume that you generally wont be rolling any crits without exhaust port.

We're At the Printer now!

Edited by Absol197
30 minutes ago, Absol197 said:

We're At the Printer now!

Speak for yourself. I'm on my way to the bar now!

1 minute ago, Desslok said:

No no, you're At the Printer , too. I ordered 50,000 copies of Desslok. I've always wanted a clone-penguin army!

Edited by Absol197

If Dawn of Rebellion and Desslok are now at the printer. Does this mean that Fully Operational and Unlimited Power are done printing?

8 minutes ago, SEApocalypse said:

If Dawn of Rebellion and Desslok are now at the printer. Does this mean that Fully Operational and Unlimited Power are done printing?

If only :( . No, they're still printing, which makes perfect sense. They're books that only started printing 19 days ago. The shortest printing time I've recorded was 21 days, and the average is hovering around five weeks (34.14 days). Hopefully next week or the week after!

2 minutes ago, Absol197 said:

If only :( . No, they're still printing, which makes perfect sense. They're books that only started printing 19 days ago. The shortest printing time I've recorded was 21 days, and the average is hovering around five weeks (34.14 days). Hopefully next week or the week after!

FFGs printing capacity in china was supposed to have double as they build new installations which was supposed to be the other reason for the long delays this year. So they SHOULD be printing faster or more at once … though considering that they are basically reprinting the complete X-Wing catalog … I guess the RPG did not profit from the new printers.

Edited by SEApocalypse

Hey now, that's not true! They have 10 RPG books On the Boat , and most all of them moved there from the printers today! That's not including things like GM Kits and Beginner games! And they have 4 books, the 30th Anniversary book, and the Force Beginner Game At the Printer right now!

So that's some impressive volume! At least to me! Maybe the fact that there are a small number of books now will mean that the printing speed will increase; previously, they were printing over a dozen different books at once, so maybe that slowed it down? I'd think there's a chance it would.

Edited by Absol197

where are you finding these updates absol, id love to see them myself as well.

13 minutes ago, Norr-Saba said:

where are you finding these updates absol, id love to see them myself as well.

The Upcoming page shows the current status of all of FFG's products. I just filter it for Roleplaying Games using the handy filter at the top, and see what we get :P !

3 hours ago, Absol197 said:

No no, you're At the Printer , too. I ordered 50,000 copies of Desslok. I've always wanted a clone-penguin army!

We cant handle penguin of that magnitude

Oh wow Genesys is also releasing this month too, thanks for the link absol

No problem :) .

21 hours ago, Desslok said:

D>a.m"n....you ninja'd me, my kind of reply

22 hours ago, Absol197 said:

Penguin_Army.jpg

We're on our way, m'am!

Edited by Desslok

Eeeex-cellent! :D

Justice League Antarctica will agree it’s no laughing matter....

latest?cb=20110324111454

The kind of penguins to scare Batman

On 11/22/2017 at 3:19 PM, Desslok said:

We're on our way, m'am!

200,000 units are ready, with a million more well on the way!

Just now, Nivrap said:

200,000 units are ready, with a million more well on the way!

Wow, I got a bunch of extra that I didn't order!

I'm okay with this :D !

Just now, Absol197 said:

Wow, I got a bunch of extra that I didn't order!

I'm okay with this :D !

It's the only way to explain why all the other books TAKE SO DARN LONG.

Just now, Nivrap said:

It's the only way to explain why all the other books TAKE SO DARN LONG.

Very true, sadly :( .

On 11/22/2017 at 5:17 AM, Norr-Saba said:

Oh wow Genesys is also releasing this month too, thanks for the link absol

Huh... never heard of Genesys before.
So it's basically the EotE(AoR/FaD) system adapted for a fantasy setting?

37 minutes ago, OddballE8 said:

Huh... never heard of Genesys before.
So it's basically the EotE(AoR/FaD) system adapted for a fantasy setting?

Not exactly; it’s a rules resource, like the fate system, that can be used to play any kind of setting you wish using the narative dice system from Star Wars.

For example me and my friends are planning on using it to play a game based on outlaw star and I als hope to use it to adapt the exalted game setting.

3 hours ago, Norr-Saba said:

Not exactly; it’s a rules resource, like the fate system, that can be used to play any kind of setting you wish using the narative dice system from Star Wars.

For example me and my friends are planning on using it to play a game based on outlaw star and I als hope to use it to adapt the exalted game setting.

It's not quite the star wars narrative dice system, there are no separate force/magic dice, and while the dice colors are the same, the symbols are at least different in the sense of being a different "font" but at this point I don't know is the same symbol results are on the same faces (for all we know there might not be any blank faces on a yellow red dice). But I would call-it/guess-it's a very small perturbation away from the star wars narrative dice system. Your mileage may vary.