Bothans possibly marked as non-canon.

By RicoD, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion RPG

That dowager-type lady with the O-shaped coiffure has a lovely dress and necklace. Very classy. And the lady to her left with the fan has a beautiful profile.

On 2-10-2017 at 3:27 PM, KungFuFerret said:

....you thought she was about to laugh? Odd. It always came across to me as someone who was upset by the loss of life required to obtain that information. It was a "crack in the armor" kind of moment, which is why she quickly let the other official take over the briefing, so she could regain her composure.

No, haven't thought so really. It was a spur of the moment kind of thing where we (humorously to us) tried to envision how many Bothans would die to bring that information, knowing how they look (looked pre-Disney?) and knowing how the Empire sees non-Humans. Realistically, we got the emotional pressure from the scene in the movie. It wasn't badly acted. It wasn't misinterpreted. We realise the Bothan Spy Net to probably be like 500% digital, so the 'truth' might be more like a retaliation strike by the Empire against a population center of the Bothans, from where a major computer hack was staged, and one or two got away (were let go, actually) with the plans and the Emperor's schedule.

3 hours ago, Xcapobl said:

... so the 'truth' might be more like a retaliation strike by the Empire against a population center of the Bothans, from where a major computer hack was staged, and one or two got away (were let go, actually) with the plans and the Emperor's schedule.

3 hours ago, Nytwyng said:

Wasn’t this settled a while ago? :lol:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Manuel_Both-Hanz

Or that. Yes.

:D

On 10/14/2017 at 5:19 PM, Nytwyng said:

Wait a second...are Tag and Bink (the characters, at least) really about to become canon?!?!

http://nerdist.com/star-wars-han-solo-movie-tag-and-bink/

No please no. Tag and Blink were horrible enough when they were non-canon.

As for me I know exactly when and how those many Bothans died... it involved a Missile Boat.