Cyphers and Masks Spy book announced!

By coyote6, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion RPG

1 hour ago, Khazadune said:

Haven’t they been announcing these things on Thursday’s for the last couple, not Wednesday’s?

No; releases are always on Thursdays, but products move from On the Boat to Shipping Now on Wednesdays. And once something starts shipping, it almost always releases two weeks later.

5 hours ago, Absol197 said:

No; releases are always on Thursdays, but products move from On the Boat to Shipping Now on Wednesdays. And once something starts shipping, it almost always releases two weeks later.

Ah makes sense, I knew Thursday’s meant something.

On 4/17/2018 at 2:37 AM, Absol197 said:

The length of time between Dawn of Rebellion and Fully Operational was 5 weeks. As this Wednesday will mark five weeks since Fully Operational started shipping, I'm cautiously hopeful that we'll see Cyphers and Masks change status on Wednesday, for release on May 3.

Is the 3 May figure still a tentative one? I only ask as the UK retailer Darksphere is listing C&M's release date as 3 May, and while they may just be following this thread it might alternatively be confirmation (albeit a very optimistic one, given that most UK retailers haven't even got FO yet)

32 minutes ago, ColonelCommissar said:

Is the 3 May figure still a tentative one? I only ask as the UK retailer Darksphere is listing C&M's release date as 3 May, and while they may just be following this thread it might alternatively be confirmation (albeit a very optimistic one, given that most UK retailers haven't even got FO yet)

No. At best, if CaM changes status today, we're looking at May 10.

1 hour ago, Absol197 said:

No. At best, if CaM changes status today, we're looking at May 10.

I did think they were being overly-hopeful, but still good to get an answer one way or another. Thank you oh statistical one!

On 4/18/2018 at 10:27 PM, Khazadune said:

Ah makes sense, I knew Thursdays Tuesdays meant something.

7 hours ago, Desslok said:

Lol nice

Where is this mythical boat headed to? Valinor?

Tatooine but it was halted during a stop at nar shaddaa

20 hours ago, Mogloth said:

Where is this mythical boat headed to? Valinor?

Ask Guts.

With the announcement that Unlimited Power is shipping today, it'll probably be at least another month and a half for this one. Boooo. Somehow FFG new which of the backlogged books I wanted the most and set it up for last.

Edited by Split Light

Even Duke Nukem Forever says this book is taking a long time.

4 hours ago, Mogloth said:

Even Duke Nukem Forever says this book is taking a long time.

Is that a captain planet reference?

On 5/16/2018 at 5:34 PM, Split Light said:

With the announcement that Unlimited Power is shipping today, it'll probably be at least another month and a half for this one. Boooo. Somehow FFG new which of the backlogged books I wanted the most and set it up for last.

Happy for some. Sad for others. I' sorry for your pain!

It is not on FFG's list to stores of items due to release on 07/07 or 07/14, so no sooner than 07/21/18.

Amazon (I know, not the most reliable source) is showing an in stock date of August 31, 2018. Getting very frustrating since I have had this on pre order from Miniature Market since mid Feb, and this is the last book in that group from the order.

Since all the delayed books since the beginning of this year have released on the last Thursday of the month, I'm thinking we'll see this on June 28.

On 6/5/2018 at 7:58 AM, Absol197 said:

Since all the delayed books since the beginning of this year have released on the last Thursday of the month, I'm thinking we'll see this on June 28.

Guess again, it seems.

Knights of Fate hit Shipping Now while Cyphers and Masks is left in the dust.

15 minutes ago, DreadSpark said:

Guess again, it seems.

Knights of Fate hit Shipping Now while Cyphers and Masks is left in the dust.

Yeah, I know. And JUST after I'd updated my official predictions again. Grr. It's like they're TRYING to ensure I'm always wrong ? !

I mean, I'm personally pleased we're getting Knights of Fate first, but I feel bad for you Spies out there :( .

I'm really looking forward to this book. Our game revolves around a group of Jedi survivors in the rise of the empire era so the specs won't see much use, but the characters are heavily involved with the nascent rebellion's intelligence operations. I'm hoping the fluff text and other material will be helpful.

2 hours ago, Absol197 said:

Yeah, I know. And JUST after I'd updated my official predictions again. Grr. It's like they're TRYING to ensure I'm always wrong ? !

I mean, I'm personally pleased we're getting Knights of Fate first, but I feel bad for you Spies out there :( .

Could there have been issues with the Spy Career Book?

Possible, but then Fantasy Flight's communications aren't exactly forthcoming on the subject - I had sent them a message a month or two back asking what was going on and got redirected back to "Upcoming" with no further detail. Feel like the annoyed girlfriend in the "distracted boyfriend" meme.

Edited by DreadSpark
12 minutes ago, Sarone said:

Possibly. But, per Absol's crunching of the numbers, Knights of Fate is on schedule. Optimistically, they're just releasing it on time rather than holding it until after (the already delayed) Cyphers and Masks .

37 minutes ago, Sarone said:

I just hope an Ewok slicer with the sobriquet Fancy Bear makes the cut.

Edited by Vondy

It's kind of a joke at this point isn't it? Like FFG is trolling us or something.

No no, the spy book is already out. But, they're so good at their job you just haven't noticed them yet.