2 players game - 1 hero

By Herald, in Middle-earth Quest

Hi!

I'm pretty sure this was discussed here before, but I don't want to look through all topics, sorry:) My question is: do you ever play 1 hero in 2 players game, or do you always play 2 heroes? Because so far, we played only 1 hero and Sauron (always me) never won. Maybe I do something wrong, well I'm sure I do mistakes, but I can't just find out, how to react on two consequent turns for 1 hero. I'm especially very irritated (and this by coincidence happens almost every game) by this combo: first turn in Eriador, event "Find Grey pilgrim" (or something like that), second turn let's go to Bree, take reward for the quest AND Gandalf. This quest alone is I think too much strong, but in this situation, I would kill anything in my reach. Or let's crack a minion little, get defeated, heal in haven and finish him. No chance to heal as could be with 2 heroes, if the second one would be far away. Is the only solution really to play 2 heroes?

Thanks!

I've played 40 games of MEQ, 20 1-Hero, 20 2-Hero. Haven't seen significant difference for the most part. 1-Hero stats have him/her winning in final combat more than 2-Hero games.

1-Hero (each Hero has played 4 games):

Hero by Mission: 3
Hero by Combat: 6
Sauron by Mission: 8
Sauron by Combat: 3

2-Hero (each pairing played 2 games):

HM: 4
HC: 1
SM: 8
SC: 7

In 1-Hero, all the Corruption will flow to just one Hero. Peril > monsters in my preference, make them get those Peril draws. Harder against some (Eleanor), so against her, throw in monsters on the way.

So it seems, it's completely in me:) Although still you have more Sauron victories in 2-Hero games. I will try this variant and let's see how thing will go.

Herald, I do not think it is completely you. I have only played this game with 1 hero in a 2 player game, both as playing Sauron and as the Hero (probably 6 games on each side) and every time the hero has won. I do not know if the problem is that we play the hero to well of Sauron poorly.

Back into MEQ for me after a few months off. Four games done (will do each of the Heroes once in 1-Hero, then start pairing them up with 2-Hero):

Eometh: Hero by Mission

Argalad: Sauron by Mission (Sauron would've won this game with any 4 of the 5 Missions, only the Red token wasn't in stage III, all other objectives were complete)

Beravor: Sauron by Combat (Sauron has dominance by 3)

Thalin: Hero by Combat (dominance tied, both had their Mission done)

Last three games have all seen Finale start by all three of Sauron's tokens reaching (or passing) Shadow Falls. Will see how the Eleanor game yet to be played plays out, as influence spreading doesn't work on her like it does with the others, against who 3 influence means Peril (only 2 vs Thalin) and Peril is Sauron's best friend.

Logs of all my 44 games played (in case someone wants to read, wall of text warning cool.gif ):

www.boardgamegeek.com/plays/thing/31563

Hehe - Dam: now i know where you spend your time sorpresa.gif

Beornd said:

Hehe - Dam: now i know where you spend your time sorpresa.gif

If you're Beornd from GCCG, I gotta get my Middle-Earth fix from somewhere. If not, well the point remains, I just don't "know" you gran_risa.gif .