Gates of Arkham - Yibb-Tstll's attacks

By Rumplestiltskin666, in Elder Sign

The attack for this AO states that each investigator who does not have a Clue is devoured.

Does this infer that at a Midnight, when the AO attacks, that one clue is automatically removed from each Player's resource pool?

Without such, I don't see how the investigator would ever lose (assuming they entered the battle with at least one Clue token. Avoiding using Clues during the battle would ensure that it's just a matter of time before the Investigators won.

Doesn't Yibb's sheet include also a second sentence, saying that each investigator then loses either 1 San or 1 Sta?

6 hours ago, Julia said:

Doesn't Yibb's sheet include also a second sentence, saying that each investigator then loses either 1 San or 1 Sta?

It does .

Yes, but does that mean each attack just lose 1 Sanity and 1 Stamina as an independent attack regardless of the Clues? I read it as if you didn't have any clues, and an investigator is devoured, "THEN" lose the San and Sta.

30 minutes ago, Rumplestiltskin666 said:

Yes, but does that mean each attack just lose 1 Sanity and 1 Stamina as an independent attack regardless of the Clues? I read it as if you didn't have any clues, and an investigator is devoured, "THEN" lose the San and Sta.

When Yibb-Tstll attacks, each investigator who does not have a clue is devoured.
Then each other investigator must either lose 1 sanity or 1 stamina.

Other = Other than those mentioned a moment ago in the first sentence = Other than those that had no clues and have been devoured.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Investigator has no clues = They are devoured.
Investigator has at least one clue = They lose 1 Sanity or 1 Stamina.

Edited by tsuma534

Yibb always frustrated me as I think he is the only AO where you could end up in a situation where he literally can't devour you. If you're playing with at least 2 characters and they are lucky enough to get the skills that heal another's health and sanity (in other words, one gets the skill that heals sanity of another player, and the other gets the skill that heals health of another player), and they both go into the battle with clues, Yibb can't defeat them, as they'll always heal. Same goes when playing with the doctor and/or psychiatrist from the base game (without the skills). If they had made it so Yibb took 1 sanity and 1 health, then only the extremely rare case of the doc getting the skill that heals sanity and the psych getting the skill that heals health (in the same game) would result in this situation.

I think Yibb is supposed to be among the easiest to defeat in battle, but creating a situation where he can't defeat you is an irritating oversight.