New Deluxe Edition? Nexus is coming out with one

By pduggan, in Wings of War (WWI)

One of my disappointments is that FFG never (seemed? unless I missed it) to release a Deluxe Edition (4 planes, all damage decks, etc).

Since I like to game with the minis, it never seems to make any sense to me to buy anything like the "watch your back expansion", (I bought Famous Aces when that was all there was) if I could get more planes AND the other damage deck.

Anyway, apparently Nexus is releasing

"a revised Deluxe Edition with four exclusive models and everything needed to start to play, and two new airplanes series."

Is FFG going to follow suit this time?

(maybe that's the as yet unexplained 'small box' game still coming from FFG)

I own the deluxe edition. It was only released in Europe however so that is probably why you havn't heard of it, and the original rules were in several different languages (English wasn't one of them but the British sites selling it have added an English rule-set also).

I mostly bought it because it cost 40 euro while lose planes cost at least 15 euro here, an nice extra rulebook and extra cards were just a bonus for me happy.gif .

But if you can either find the old deluxe edition or the new one it is a good deal, and it is also a nice way to get new players into the game (and for that matter are there several other fun games you can use the minis with, like www.eaglesmax.com/index.html ).

Will the Duluxe edition come out in the United States? I'm looking to get into the game but don't want to buy many different products to get started with the mininuture game. Just one starter box like the WWII set.

Regards,

Mike

sengo002 said:

Will the Duluxe edition come out in the United States? I'm looking to get into the game but don't want to buy many different products to get started with the mininuture game. Just one starter box like the WWII set.

Regards,

Mike

Just buy it online from England: staffordgames.co.uk/index.php They will ship internationally and it really isn't harder or more dangerous than to order it from any US store. The pound is also really low right now so the price isn't so high.

We have heard nothing about a new deluxe for release in the US so far. You could of course also buy Burning drachens and a few 1/144 planes either from the official site or from here: www.tin-soldier.com/ , it is as fine but the deluxe box is rather nice.

The game is really fun so you should give it a shot either way but it isn't the same without the models.

Anybody knows when the NEW Deluxe WWI set will be released?

Not the old one, but the one with the 4 exclusive repaints (Fokker Dr.I, Camel, etc...)...

Here is the visual of this second edition !

Excellent! Thanks!!!

Has there been news as to the "identity" of the repaints? I would guess that this latest visual would give us hints but, if the Deluxe WWII set is any indication, the repaints may be diffrent to what is shown on the box.

This latest post contains the updated release schedule, including the contents of the new WOW I Deluxe Edition. I think I will try and get one, even if they are not released in the US.

http://merlindex.free.fr/spip/spip.php?breve54

The new Deluxe Set will be released in the US with an English rule book. It is currently expected to arrive in Italy in July, and ship out to the rest of the world from there. Look for it in the States around August (maybe in time for my B-day!)

The box cover, list of planes and pilots and the card for Frank Luke can all be seen at the Wings of War Aerodrome:

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1412

HMS Hajj said:

The new Deluxe Set will be released in the US with an English rule book. It is currently expected to arrive in Italy in July, and ship out to the rest of the world from there. Look for it in the States around August (maybe in time for my B-day!)

The box cover, list of planes and pilots and the card for Frank Luke can all be seen at the Wings of War Aerodrome:

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1412

Has there been any recent news on this product? I recently purchased all of Set 4 and that only heightened my anticipation for the Revised Wings of War World War I Deluxe Set.

Is Fantasy Flight Games going to distribute this product in the United States or do I need to seek an overseas service to get the United Kingdom edition?

I have not had a chance to check out the new edition yet. I did however buy the WWII version of the game. Is the new edition good? I would assume it is but any imput?

Yeah it's great. It comes with all of the rules except for those for bombers, and plenty of tokens and counters. The 2 A decks it comes with are nice too, since the more the better, no matter how few planes are being used; that way it's harder to tell what cards are yet to be drawn. And the planes it comes with are a little bit better quality than the other series 1 minis. From what I've noticed is that the bases on the series 1 planes are a little more loose and wobbly than the later series', but these ones are up to par with 2, 3 and 4.

Thank you very much.