150 point lists

By Warpedstorm, in Runewars List Building

I have a couple of 150 point games coming up and was thinking of trying out the following. Any thoughts or comments:

first list, rallying cornicen to remove blights and unexhaust cards. Kari stays back and pops units ready for the Calvary to charge in.

Second list tries to take advantage of blights, very tempting to see what death caller can do as there should be some nice synergy here.

Faction: Daqan

Kari Wraithstalker
# of Trays: 1 ( 32 points)
- Fortuna"s Dice ( 6 points)
= 38 total unit cost

Spearmen
# of Trays: 2 ( 18 points)
- Rallying Cornicen ( 4 points)
= 22 total unit cost

Oathsworn Cavalry
# of Trays: 2 ( 20 points)
- Rank Discipline ( 4 points)
= 24 total unit cost

Oathsworn Cavalry
# of Trays: 4 ( 34 points)
- Tempered Steel ( 3 points)
= 37 total unit cost

Rune Golems
# of Trays: 2 ( 28 points)
= 28 total unit cost

Faction: Waiqar

Ardus Ix Erebus
# of Trays: 1 ( 37 points)
- Ancient Technique ( 2 points)
= 39 total unit cost

Reanimates
# of Trays: 6 ( 35 points)
- DeathCaller ( 5 points)
- Support Carrion Lancer ( 6 points)
- Simultaneous Orders ( 2 points)
= 48 total unit cost

Reanimate Archers
- Combat Ingenuity ( 6 points)
= 24 total unit cost

Reanimate Archers
- Combat Ingenuity ( 6 points)
= 24 total unit cost

Carrion Lancer
# of Trays: 1 ( 15 points)
= 15 total unit cost

The problem I see with your spearmen unit is speed. The cornicen is more likely to be used on your large cav unit to refresh tempered steel, however that cav unit will outrun the infantry and will, more likely than not, be out of range when you need it.

One way to get around that problem may be to set up terrain that can hold your support spearmen such that when they hit it, it carries their range of influence further up the field. I'm trying to play around with making terrain work for me, so I have little experience, and it may blow up spectacularly. Not to mention that there's no guarantee that you'll have terrain with carrying capacity.

30 minutes ago, Parakitor said:

One way to get around that problem may be to set up terrain that can hold your support spearmen such that when they hit it, it carries their range of influence further up the field. I'm trying to play around with making terrain work for me, so I have little experience, and it may blow up spectacularly. Not to mention that there's no guarantee that you'll have terrain with carrying capacity.

That could work. Put the Terrain just inside the spearmen's marching distance, rotated so that you can cover the radius that you need.

As far as terrain capacity goes, that depends on how many core sets you are using. With 1 core there are only 2 0 occupancy terrain cards. And the only ways to only get those 2 are skirmish and hawthornes deployment card.