Anyone tried two heroes yet?

By pancakeonions, in Runewars Tactics

I haven't done this yet, but I wonder how the game would play using a 200pt build with two heroes. With upgrades and such, I could see them costing about half of your points - but they can be so powerful, I wonder if this might be a viable strategy

Anyone tried something like this yet?

I've been trying to put together a list with both Kari and Hawthorne. Idea being that in certain circumstances, Hawthorne thorns build (Might of Daqan and Shield of Margath) is a really good answer to big blocks - basically anything threat 4 or lower that can't dish out mortal strikes - but there are a number of upgrades that help deal with him: Mistlands Saboteur, Executioner, Eagle Banner, Citadel Weapons Master, etc. So, Kari with Fortuna's Dice to surgically remove problem pieces, then Hawthorne to tank up and do his thing.

At 82 points though, it's really hard to get a satisfying batch of other models to round out the list though. Neither of them deal particularly well with receiving mortal wounds, and can start going down pretty quick. More experimentation required.

I found the points squeeze to much. But I have been running one hero as a unit upgrade, Ardus. Then Ankour as a solo (spelling)

I've been doing pretty much the same, can never find enough points for 2 stand alone Heros, but 1 hero and one upgraded "hero" squad if working well for me.

Until Ankour gets some good recruitment options, I've going more with Ardus as my hero (his upgrade ability is just too good) and sticking Ankour into a Reanimate Squad that is just a Reanimate+blight battery, a 3*2 reanimate squad with Ankour and a carrion lancer upgrade and simultaneous orders and just dial up skill each turn, apply a blight to the board, raise some guys in a another unit and regen the lost guys at end of turn. A bit expensive for a support unit (65 pts) but he keeps the rest of the army up and running and even if engaged at 3*2 he can fight back when needed (or at least tarpit whatever hit him for a few turns)

I've been too put off by the cost to play a 2 hero list but am tempted to use a hero and hero upgrade combo. I'd really like to put Kari as an upgrade in a unit of cavalry rather than infantry but that's not possible.

I wonder if they'll make mounted versions of Ardus and Kari at some point? Or an infantry version of Aliana for that matter.

Good idea with the carrion lancer and the simultaneous orders. I was thinking 2x2 to keep prices down.

Waiqar im not sure how you'd do this unless you had Maro in a unit (which is annoyingly way better than him on his own)

Daqan, i'm holding off trying that until i get archers access. Making a 4x1 archer unit sounds appealing to me....as i learned a couple days ago the 4x1 cavalry HIT LIKE A DANG TRUCK lol