2 questions from a newbie

By Lemmiwinks86, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Rules Questions

Hi.
I'm pretty new to this game and don't have much expansions yet, but with the ones I have I got this 2 doubts:

1. If I have 2 "The Tarkin Doctrine" objectives in play at the same time, can I make the opponent pay 4 resourses (2 for each Tarkin Doctrine) to not cancel that engagement or have him to spend 2 for the first engagement and 2 again for the second engagement if there is any? Or even if I have 2 Tarkin Doctrine I can only use the effect once?

2. With the "Stay on Target" fate card, can I put a "Black Squadron Pilot" into play or I can only use it only for units with the Pilot (X) ability?

Thanks in advance

1. The Tarkin Doctrine has received an errata to be "Limit 1 per turn" instead of "Limit once per turn." Limit 1 means you can only use 1 copy of it 1 time each turn (ie having the 2nd copy doesn't get you an extra use). Before the errata, you could use each, either on separate engagements or the same engagement.

2. You can get Black Squadron Pilot. Stay on Target just looks for cards that have the Pilot trait, it doesn't care about the Pilot(x) keyword. If the Pilot doesn't have some ability to be an enhancement though, it will be immediately discarded (eg Rookie Pilot).

Thanks very much, I was pretty sure about Stay on Target, but not regarding the difference between "Limit once per turn" and "Limit 1 per turn" so your clarification is very useful

Yeah, the difference between "limit 1" and "limit once" isn't entirely intuitive. It originally was "limit 1" on events and "limit once" on cards that stayed in play and the difference made sense both mechanically and grammatically... But then they wanted to make cards that stayed in play but only a single copy usable... and just used the existing wording despite being a little wonky.