Solo seems hard

By alexbobspoons, in DungeonQuest Revised Edition

So I've played two games and enjoyed, but wow hard.

Both times got to the treasure chamber and gained loot but died on the way out. This was using the dwarf who has the biggest health, goodness knows how quixotic I well sure with the other heroes.

Others find it as hard?

Which character do you think has the best chance in solo?

:) still a very nice game!

The game is hard no matter what. 90% luck based, with most luck = horrible luck.

It's been a while since I've played, but I have Third Edition (not Revised), but have used the Revised Edition rules... it's my understanding that some cards may have been altered between editions. I played in standard mode, no torchlight.

For what it's worth, I played 2 games with Tatiana... lost 1, won 1, for a 50% victory ratio. But that ratio would probably drop significantly with more plays.

5 games with Lindel, all defeats. 0% victory ratio.

5 games with Challara and Brightblaze, all defeats. 0% victory ratio.

21 games with Brother G, all defeats. 0% victory ratio.

21 games with Hugo the Glorious, 2 victories. 9.5% victory ratio. (note: I played Hugo in such a way that he would suffer 0 wounds to inflict 1 damage when rolling 3-4 on a d6... otherwise, his ability would be completely useless in solo. If that interpretation of the rules doesn't suit you, then my success ratio with Hugo probably would have been 0%).

7 games with Krutzbeck, all defeats. 0% victory ratio.

Pretty impressive, eh?

So success rate is, in most cases, worse than playing Escape from Dol Guldur straight solo in LotR LCG! But still had fun.

To be honest, I often get greedy and push my luck a bit too far once I'm in the treasure chamber. :-)

The couple of victories I had were grand, though!

No matter how you play, this game is HARD.

Hehe thanks for the replies.

I actually low the light hearted randomness of the game, it's a nice feature.

He's to more losses!

What's going on? I have the game. Haven't played it yet. I plan on playing it soon, though. It looks and sounds like fun. I was going thru some of the cards and it really seemed like it's quite hard. Can't wait to give it a try. Looking forward to it.

Edited by Red Dragon

I've been playing the DungeonQuest Revised Edition. Whomever said it was hard wasn't kidding! I played three games solo and lost twice. The other game that

I won I barely made it out. Lol The doors to the dungeon closed just as I got out. Talk about in the nick of time. Lol