Creature Creation

By Dark1Elder, in Zombie Apocalypse

This is a question about not only the Zombie one but any of them really, But I understand when making NPC's that they fall under the similar rulings of making a PC but what about making creatures like a Zombified Lion, or something other strange creature do you start there stats at 1 and use the pool of 10 to boost them or do you just set them to what seems apropriate as long as its not overly crazy.

I'm going to stat them the way they seem right.

Sometimes you can just use something existing and give it a few tweaks. I want zombie crows, but there aren't any in Zombie Apocalypse. There is however a flock of birds in Gaea's Revenge from Wrath of the Gods. So I'll simply use the flock of birds, but change some of the Features. Like the zombie rats swarm, I'll give them Horrifying and Unyielding but probably take away some of their features which would only apply to a living bird. I've just got my Alien Invasion book with giant ants. It shouldn't be too difficult to tweak the rules so that they can fly and have stings to make them giant wasps. Might even have a species of parasitic wasp too just to be nasty.

In my Rise of the Machines post, I mentioned another similar mix from two separate scenarios to make a giant robot more to my liking.

One of the reasons I'm pleased to have all four books is that there's enough variety to help create creatures. Also the rules are flexible enough, and simple enough, that it should prevent too many headaches when it comes to creating your own things. So have some fun doing your own creatures, without going too crazy.

On 6/13/2017 at 9:26 AM, Pariah Longsight said:

One of the reasons I'm pleased to have all four books is that there's enough variety to help create creatures. Also the rules are flexible enough, and simple enough, that it should prevent too many headaches when it comes to creating your own things. So have some fun doing your own creatures, without going too crazy.

I appreciate this perspective and look forward to seeing more inventive posts! Thank you.