Why do people hate blue lightsabers?

By KungFuFerret, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion RPG

People don't like Blue Lightsabers? Oh man wtf.

On 6/12/2017 at 10:11 AM, KungFuFerret said:

Random question, but I can recall, usually online, when the discussion of blade color comes up, some people seem to be unusually against the color blue. Like, ridiculous levels of hatred of it, a level of hatred on the internet that is usually reserved for things like Nickelback (which I also don't understand. They are hated for being an average band. Not for being terrible, but for being "just ok" *shrugs*)

Anyway, I'm rambling. But, why the hate? I mean I can appreciate the "I prefer *insert color of your choice* for my saber color" statement. But taking the time and energy to actually denigrate a color? I just, I don't get it. Perhaps they are being said in jest, ironically being angry at the color and all that, but I don't think it always is. So yeah, have any of you noticed this behavior on various forums and the like? Just seems weird to me, and I've got some free time, so I thought I'd toss it out there.

It's probably just because Luke's second lightsaber was green, and was obviously the best lightsaber ever to be in star wars?

I like blue lightsaber, especially the darker blue from the prequels. Some people feel blue is generic and they need other colors to personalize their character. I personalize my characters through memorable actions. For example MY Jedi rings a door bell and the Moff says who is it? Jedi says Gunna Surrender. More says who the **** is Gun na Sir render. Jedi opens door with his blue lightsaber and says you are and laughs. He likes dumb jokes.

Sorry about this post boring day at work.

:lol: :lol: :lol: ROFLMAO!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

And the puns fly freely.